Chapter 55

Bailee's POV

I am tired, so very tired. One, I am tired because when I woke up in the hospital I could not go back to sleep realizing that Harry wasn't there. I couldn't help but let my mind wonder in circles of what he must be thinking of me. Second, I am tired of everything that has happened. It seems like I can't get a break, just when things become good something bad has to happen. Granted, I do take responsibility for some of the bad things;like everything that happened with Peter. In the moment of when I took the pills I wanted to just end my life but I'm so happy it didn't. I would have caused so much pain to the ones I love. Yes,I am still tired but luckily I am going to Portland with my parents for a few days to get away from all the drama.

It's been two days since I left the hospital. My parents and I took that time to speak with my teachers so I can do my assignments for when I am away. When we went to go get a few of my clothes from the apartment before leaving for Portland, Harry wasn't home, which wasn't a surprise. Gemma messaged me when I got discharged from the hospital that he was at his dad's place and that he has been staying there the last couple of nights. In a way I am glad because I have no idea how to face him after what I have done, however it does hurt knowing that he is avoiding me. He hasn't called or messaged me, I assume he needs some space so I am willing to give him that.

The car journey to Portland has been silent, apart from the radio faintly playing from the speakers. We are about ten minutes away from my parents house and I am so happy we are almost home. I have already done a few chapter readings for my history class but my head began to hurt so I decided to just continue when I am home.

Silently, I stare down at my hands on my lap in the back seat of my parent's grey Honda Civic. Subconsciously, I begin to pick at the chipped blue polish on my nails.

"Hey, Mom? Dad?" I mutter breaking the silence.

"Yes Bailee?" My dad replies, briefly looking at me through the rearview mirror.

"I just...I want to say I'm sorry about what I did. I know I must have hurt you and I'm sorry Mom, if I caused you any stress with the baby." I quietly apologize, feeling very embarrassed of the actions that I made. "I'm just tired. I try to be good and kind like you tell me to but it just seems to backfire in my face. Yes, the picture that was released at school was one that I took but Ashley was the one to post it around the school and-"

"Yes darling, now she can no longer attend that school because of it." My mother interrupts and I feel so relieved that what she says is true.

When my parents and I went to go speak with my teachers and the staff at school, everything that happened got sorted out. All of the flyers had been taken down and Ashley got expelled for it. Both fortunately and unfortunately, turns out she has done this type of thing before.

"Yes but I am really sorry. I promise from here on out I will do my best to just be more positive and to not let what other people affect me so much. When I go back to school, I'll walk with my head high and if I have any issues I'll call you guys or go talk to Dr.Jones."

"That's good to hear honey. You are a beautiful girl and if others disagree then they can fuck themselves."

"Mom!" I gasp, letting out a laugh, along with my dad.

"What? It's true." She laughs. "But I am glad you feel better and I am glad you are staying with us for a few days. Everyone needs a break from the normality and drama every once and a while."

"Very true." My dad agrees. "Now, who wants to stop to get some ice cream so we can watch a movie?"

"Me." I smile and with my reply he makes a right turn to head to the small grocery shop close to home.