Chapter 17

Author's Note:
Double update cause I couldn't wait haha 🙊

Bailee's POV

I just have no idea what I want to write about Dad." I say through the phone line as I walk into the performing arts building.

"Do you not want to do it anymore?"

"No, of course I do!"I nod. "I just need more time."

"Bailee, don't stress over it. Writing is suppose to be a fun escape, not something you feel like you have to do because you have to make a living out of it."

"I know but I mean you got your first book publish while you were still at university. I just feel like I'm not reaching the right standards." I sigh as I push the door open to enter my dance classroom.

"No don't feel that way. Just give it time honey. There is no need to rush. Now, I have to go." My dad says in my ear as I glance around the room, spotting a few girls until I see Harry hunched over in the corner, digging through Gemma's bag.

"Okay dad." I reply, furrowing my brows as I continue to watch Harry, seeing him place a small folded paper on top of Gemma's sweater before zipping her bag back up.

"Don't forget, you have an appointment with Dr. Jones after school." My dad reminds me and inside I groan.

Ugh, I hate going.

"I won't." I shortly reply. "Love you."

"Love you too." He says back before I hang up, lowering my phone from my ear.

"Hey Harry." I say coming to a stop behind him as he straightens up and turns around.

"Hey." He smiles.

"What are you doing?"I ask while putting my phone away in my bag.

"Oh...nothing." He shrugs. "I was just leaving Gemma a note."

"A note?"

"Yeah. Look, I know this will sound silly but we leave little notes to one another saying that we love each other or some sort of small compliment." He explains.

"Our mom use to leave us notes like that," Harry trails off, looking down at the pen in his hand. "And...well, after she died we decided to keep the small tradition going."

I smile. "That's not silly at all Harry."

His green eyes fall on me, giving me a lopsided smile. "Right, well I better go."

"Okay." I nod and Harry nods back before stepping forward. My heart has a mini panic until he walks around me, and I find myself turning around and watching him as he heads out the door.

There is just something about waiting at a clinic for your appointment that makes me a bit anxious which shouldn't be the case because my doctor is very nice. Plus, it's not like I have no idea what will happen, I've been to these type of checkups for about over a year now.

"Okay you can step off now." Dr.Jones gently instructs and I nod, stepping off of the scale and placing my shoes back on.

"Come on, let's go to my office." She says and I follow her down the hall, pass the nurse's station before making a right turn around a corner and strolling through the second door.

"Take a seat honey." She says while closing the door behind her to give us some privacy. I make my way across the room and sit down in one of the two chairs facing her large dark wooden desk.

"So, how's it looking?" I ask, nervously licking my lips as I rest both of my elbows in each armrest once I crossed one leg over my knee, placing my hands on my lap.