burning

they were peaceful and quiet beneath the same stars and the same space in the rather small rooftop. taehyung was already chugging a can of coke and jeongguk was staring at him while chewing on his chips.

"hey," jeongguk called, voice soft, and taehyung looked at him, raising a brow.

"did i tell you that you look pretty today?"

"s-shut up, jeon," taehyung spat and jeongguk chuckled, moving closer to taehyung.

"is that seat taken?" jeongguk asked and taehyung hummed in a questioning manner. "your lap, mister." and taehyung snorted.

"shut up, jeon."

"last time i checked, you told me that seat's forever reserved for me," jeongguk uttered, scrunching his nose, and taehyung rolled his eyes.

"okay, big baby, come sit on daddy's lap."

"gross, sunshine." jeongguk retorted, chuckling and he sat on taehyung's lap, burying his face on the elder's shoulder.

"hey, little sunflower, don't sleep on me," taehyung teased and the younger scoffed.

"out of all the nicknames, why would you call me sunflower?" jeongguk asked, face now close to taehyung's own.

"i don't know?" taehyung said, chuckling, trying to look at anything but him.

"hyung, look at me." and taehyung did, gulping. "i really like you," jeongguk breathed out, and his legs tensed. taehyung's breath hitch, stuck on his throat, and he opened his mouth to speak but nothing would come out.

"j-jeongguk, that's..."

"hyung, i'm fucking serious. i've liked you for two and a half years now, and i've just gotten the courage to confess because i was thinking, maybe―"

"let's, let's spend the whole night cuddling, yeah?" taehyung said, cutting him off, blushing. jeongguk sighed and nodded, kissing taehyung's cheeks.

"you free tomorrow? let's play overwatch at home?" jeongguk offered, "or let's just cuddle, and eat cupcakes, and, and watch mushy movies. and maybe i should sing to you the song that i've recently learned," he continued.

"i-i'm sorry, i couldn't, uh, tomorrow. i'm―"

"it's fine, hyung, maybe on sunday?"

"yeah, that would be fine." taehyung retorted, sighing, finally wrapping his arms around jeongguk's waist.

"i love you, hyung." and taehyung hummed, pulling jeongguk so they'd stay closer to each other.