was

when jeongguk woke up the next morning, taehyung wasn't around anymore. but the first thing that he saw was a piece of paper stuck on his ceiling with words saying, good morning, my cute little sunflower. and he knew that it was taehyung's penmanship.

he wanted to thank taehyung for staying with him until he fell asleep, so on his way to school, he bought a bouquet of sunflowers and a bag of sunflower seeds, smiling at the thought of giving it to him.

it was just 7:34 am when he arrived at school, which meant he had 31 minutes to walk towards the senior's classroom and give it to his best friend.

7:39 am, he arrived at taehyung's classroom and found out that he was scanning his notes despite being surrounded by 5 other noisy early birds. "taehyungie hyung," jeongguk called, loud enough for the 5 others to hear, but not enough for taehyung to look at him. of course, he'd listen to music while studying.

"oh, jeonggukie!" jimin, jeongguk's senior and taehyung's classmate beamed, and taehyung noticed this, making him look back and see him just by the doorway.

"good morning, sunbaes. hello, taehyungie hyung." and it didn't fail to make taehyung blush, and he glared at his classmates who started teasing him. he then walked towards jeongguk, brushing his hair back in the process, and jeongguk's heart fluttered like crazy.

"just wanted to say thank you." the younger said, smiling.

"anything for you, ggukie." taehyung retorted, poking jeongguk's chin, and he let out a tiny oof when jeongguk handed him the bouquet of sunflowers and a bag sunflowers.

"oooooh, oh, oh, taehyung, you have a boyfriend?" hoseok teased and taehyung looked back to glare at them. the other five were just giggling, and he faced jeongguk whose ears were beat red.

"y-you didn't have to. but thank you." jeongguk chuckled, kissing taehyung's cheek.

"just wanted to give to you a part of me, your cute little sunflower, because you're my sunshine and you give me life. this is sappy but this is the only way i can say thank you." and i love you.

"taehyung and jeongguk sitting on a tree..."

"shut up! oh my god." yeah, taehyung was definitely blushing so hard.