Burn

"Oh, my Goddess! Stop!" I shouted at the rogue while trying to protect my camera from his splashing. He had belly-flopped into the lake as soon as we reached it and tried to catch fish, making water fly everywhere in the process, then got bored and started using his hands to squirt water at me. He was laughing the whole time, and I backed away from the edge of the lake as the frog I was taking a picture of leapt away.

  "Come on, how many more pictures could you possibly need?" He chuckled.

  "I don't keep all of them, you idiot!" I snarled while turning my back to him to keep my camera dry. "I go through them and pick the best, and only those are what pays for gas, thank you very much!" Wiping away the few water droplets on my lens, I clicked my tongue.

  "Take a break, angel. It's hot, and the water's cool!" The man replied. His clothes were in a pile a few feet from the water's edge, and after me warning him about fish biting his dick off, he at least kept his underwear on so that he wasn't completely naked.

  I didn't think I could handle him being naked again within the same week.

  "No! The Alpha leaves tomorrow, and that means we have to as well! There's no telling how many perfect shots this land has to offer!" I heard the water splashing around behind me from the rogue, but I was occupied with making sure nothing was wet on my camera.

  "Whoops!" I nearly bit out of reflex when an arm suddenly wrapped around my waist. A hand grabbed my camera away from me, and I was sent flying into the lake. My eyes were glaring daggers when my head broke the surface of the water, and the pale man was standing triumphantly with my camera over his head as he was smirking. His other hand was on his hip as he waved the device in his hand. "Oh, look at that! It's break time!"

  "I'm gonna kill you." I snarled while bringing myself back to land. Kicking off my shoes, I pointed at Aiden, and water flung from my fingertip from how soaked I was. "I'm gonna-" My serious face broke as a smile tugged at the corner of my mouth. "I'm gonna do something very bad." I managed to say after clearing my throat and trying to keep a straight face.

  "You don't scare me, angel." He chuckled, his chin slightly lifting. Peeling off my jacket and tossing it, I bolted after the rogue. His eyes widened before he quickly set down my camera and ran. Jumping to catch him, I shifted mid-air and tackled him into the shallow of the lake, ripping through my clothes and soaking my fur.

  Laughing as I sat up and saw his hair sticking to his face like a snow-colored mop, I shook my head to get rid of as much water as I could from my mane. Then, laughing some more while pointing at him, he jerked his head back to flip his wet hair to the top of his head. A mischievous smile broke out on his face before he pounced on me and threw me further into the lake.

  Aiden was right, the water was cool, and it was a nice relief from the hot sun. Not to mention that us splashing around like pups made me completely forget about my camera and taking pictures. The rogue even shifted forms to be able to keep up with me as I was escaping. I even tossed a fish at him, and it smacked him in the face before getting away.

  If anyone had happened upon us, they'd see a pure white werewolf chasing a rusty-colored one and probably wonder what the Hell was going on since he was a rogue. But we were having fun.

  "You're so tiny, how are you this fast?!" The man shouted, trying to catch me as I ran through the shallower part of the lake.

  "I'm aerodynamic!" I laughed, but all the fun and games came to a halt when the sun was lowering in the sky, and I realized my only form of clothing was my soaking wet shoes and my jacket which was at least dry after sitting in the sun.