Sparrow Wing

Much like the Eagle Arrow Pack, the Sparrow Wings had a speaker and camera just outside of the front gate. However, this one had a keypad on it unlike the one at Eagle Arrow. Straddling the bike as I reached over and pushed the button to call the people running the gate, I heard a buzzing before the speaker clicked.

  "Who are you?" A man asked with a not-so-polite tone. Pulling my helmet off, I held up my hand like I was holding a skull and reciting Shakespeare.

  "'Tis I." I replied with a light tone out of habit.

  "Yeah, gonna need to clarify that, Brave."

  "Mia Jones. Was that a Disney reference there, big guy?" I asked while pointing at the camera.

  "I've got pups." He stated as if that was an excuse for knowing a kids' movie. "Just come in." There was another buzz after he sighed, and the gate opened. Riding past it after waving, I glanced at both sides of the road to check for rogues.

  "So you don't bite everyone's throats out? Good to know it's just me." The man behind me said sarcastically. Pushing him back with my shoulder to get some space, I tried to ignore him while driving. The paved street faded into a worn, dirt road, and I avoided the larger dips in the ground to keep from popping a tire or flipping the bike.

  Arriving at the pack lands after getting through the buffer zone, I swung my leg over the bike to get off while kicking the rogue at the same time and making him fly off the back. Taking my helmet off while chuckling, he was just lying on the ground as he growled and looked like a turtle because of his backpack. Tucking my helmet under my arm, I stuffed my keys into my pocket and looked over my shoulder to see the other wolves walking around.

  They were looking at us with interest and curiosity while the man on the ground was still growling lowly before he jumped to his feet. As soon as he took off his helmet, however, the others in the area gasped, and one wolf even pulled her children closer to her while backing away.

  "You think you're so funny, don't you?" The rogue snarled at me, but I held up a hand to get him to stop. They could smell his rogue scent, and he was more than likely the first albino wolf they had ever seen with how rare it was.

  Albinism was a genetic mutation that hindered the production of melanin, and werewolves were rarely ever born with any genetic problems due to our evolution. Not to mention, most albino creatures had pale blue eyes rather than red, but the rogue had blood-colored eyes to boot which made him look even more intimidating with his size.

  "What is the meaning of this?" A man broke out from the crowd while glaring at the rogue standing behind me.

  "Mia Jones." I said, grabbing his attention while holding out my hand. He ignored the gesture to growl at the pale man, and he was giving off rather dangerous vibes.

  "Why the Hell is there a rogue in my territory?!" He pointed angrily.

  "He's the wolf I work with." I replied while pulling my hand back as I glanced around. They were all still staring at the pale man who was being rather quiet now. However, I could easily figure out why they were staring- he was a rogue and albino to top it off. White-furred wolves were uncommon as it was, but wolves like him were almost unheard of entirely outside of myth.

  "You didn't tell me he was a rogue!"

  "I promise, you needn't worry. He will remain professional while we're here. If he gets into trouble, he's yours to punish as you see fit." Glancing back over my shoulder at the rogue, I had a serious look on my face. Rogues were usually killed for their wrong-doings on pack territories, but that's just how things were. Plus, the rogue was rather intimidating-looking with his muscles and how tall and broad he was.