Coffee

"Here." Setting down a mug of coffee in front of the rogue sitting at the island in the kitchen stuffing his face with eggs, I saw his cheeks were puffed out like a squirrel's. Last night, he had managed to eat normally to an extent without inhaling his food since my parents were there, but with those two still asleep, he was eating like he normally would. I wasn't an idiot, so I figured him wolfing his breakfast down was a habit from how rogues would fight over food on a nearly constant basis.

  Leaning on the counter with my own mug in my hands, I simply watched him, wondering what could possibly be going through his head after last night. Michael was quite obvious with his jealousy, and one would have to be dead to not notice how he apparently felt for me. The Beta had made quite a few jabs at Aiden being a rogue, and he no doubt disliked Michael in turn, probably even hated him now.

  "Is that coffee I smell?" Dad mumbled with a tired voice as he came into the kitchen with Mom trailing behind him with her eyes still closed. They weren't much for morning people, and neither was I, but Aiden had woken up rather early for some reason and hadn't really told me why. I figured it was from him not being used to sleeping in an actual house in pack lands, but from the face he had, I got a hint that it may have been more.

  "Yup." I said while popping the 'p'. "Fresh brewed."

  "Oh, honey, you're an angel." Mom tiredly smiled, and I had to clear my throat since it felt weird hearing it from her after the rogue continuously calling me that.

  "An angel that'll drag you to Hell." Dad popped off. "Aiden, as a head's up, if Mia actually gets angry, run. Just run. Don't look back, don't trip, don't do anything that'll let her catch you. She will destroy you." The older man pointed at the rogue.

  "Dad!" I gave him a look.

  "I'm not kidding, son, you just bolt for the hills, okay? You know how pups fight for their little 'Alpha' title? It was always Mia standing on top of a pile of boys that were literally unconscious. Unconscious, I tell you."

  "George, don't scare him. Don't listen to him, Aiden, he just doesn't want anyone with his baby girl." Mom handed a mug to Dad while smiling at the rogue, but his red eyes drifted to my dad's face. He was wide-eyed and shaking his head, silently telling the pale man that he was being serious and not just saying stuff to keep him away from me. Sighing through my nose, I just looked at the scene playing out before me.

  Honestly, I had thought my parents would be less open with Aiden, but they seemed to trust my judgment a lot more than I had believed. They were quite accepting of him, yet still a bit wary. However, after last night, they were only a smidgen on guard around him unlike when they had first met.

  "I'll take the advice just in case." The rogue said lowly, already seeing some of what my dad was talking about with me.

  "Smart boy." Dad commented before getting smacked on the shoulder by Mom.

  "George! That's still Mia's mate, you're gonna make him terrified of her!"

  "He's a rogue, dear. I doubt he's going to get 'terrified'." He made air quotes with his fingers. "But that may be a smart decision." Unable to help himself, Aiden began to laugh. My heart fluttered at the gentle noise, and my parents looked at him with a bit of shock before their expressions softened. Oh, no, he'd won them over. He hadn't even meant to, but the truly joy-filled action he had displayed showed that he wasn't as heartless as believed.

  "Your parents really love you." Aiden then turned to me with a smile, and my ears got hot. That was only the second time he'd ever smiled at me like that. Mom grinned while holding her cheek.