Onward

"Here, I need you to fill this out to the best of your ability." I said while handing Aiden a small packet of papers. "And then go through this catalog and write down what you like best." He took the catalog I held out to him, but rather than being happy like I thought he would be, Aiden's brows were deeply furrowed as he stared at the packet and catalog. "What's wrong?"

  "Remembering numbers is a lot easier than letters." He muttered while still staring at what was in his hands.

  "What?" I let my confusion show.

  "I didn't exactly get a formal education, angel. I can hardly read. And I doubt they'll believe I'm an adult when they only see my handwriting." Aiden finally looked at me, and I cringed.

  "Oh, Goddess, I am so sorry! I thought- With the menus and at the ATM-"

  "I ordered food based on the pictures or just got what you did when there weren't any. And numbers are just 0 through 9 slapped together in different order with consistency." He shrugged. "I've had to learn most things through talking."

  "Maybe we should wait on this a little longer, then." I said while taking the packet from him. "This is an application for driver's ed, and they make you take written tests."

  "Oh. They don't just teach me how to drive?"

  "Not in the way you're probably thinking."

  "....Is this awkward for you?"

  "No, I just feel bad for not noticing. Again, I'm so sorry." I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck.

  "Maybe you should teach me instead of being sorry."

  "What?"

  "You heard me, sugar mama. Buy me some education." Aiden popped off, and I couldn't help but laugh. "Put that money to good use and give me stuff."

  "Seriously?"

  "Seriously. Teach me." Aiden leaned toward me with his brows raised as he smirked.

  "There's more to this than just wanting to learn, isn't there?"

  "I might've heard getting to fuck the hot teacher is a common fantasy, so two birds with one stone, yanno?"

  "Mia!" I heard a horrified screech after someone spit out their drink. My head whipped around to see Karen in the doorway, gripping a can tightly in one hand while a spray of clear, carbonated liquid had splattered on the floor in front of her.

  "It's not what you think!" I quickly waved my hand.

  "It's exactly what you think! Mia wants me to be her naughty boy-"

  "Shut up!" I smacked Aiden's arm with the application packet as he was cracking up. Karen looked at me with her face turning bright red. "Don't listen to him!"

  "Look, i-it's none of my business what you two do-"

  "We're not doing anything! Karen, he's just messing with you."

  "Am I?" Aiden cocked his head to the side with his eyes full of amusement.

~

  "You know, I could always just get a car." I said while standing between bookshelves as Aiden was looking through the books to find something he could practice reading with.

  "Or you could just let me do this and get my own damn license. I'm a grown man, Mia. Don't get me wrong, there are some perks to riding in your bitch seat, but I don't want to do that forever." Aiden glanced over the books in front of him that were so bright and colorful. "Hey, once I get the hang of reading, you should get me one of those dirty novels at the dollar store you mentioned." My ears went warm as he smirked, and I crossed my arms.