⛓Weeping Heart⛓

A/N: For anyone who missed the announcements, Big Bad Rogue has been reworked. The number of chapters has been cut down and around 5k words added to previous chapters! I'd recommend a re-read to not lose context or even just to see what things got changed :D

*WARNING: Mature content ahead, proceed at own risk*
[Contains: Exophilia, Size Difference, Marking, Feral Behavior, Hair Pulling, Vaginal Sex, Vaginal Fingering, Cum]

  Carrying a cardboard box full of table decorations, I weaved around people going about doing their own tasks. The final touches were being done for the Spring Festival with long tables being pushed together and covered in cloth in one of the fields on our pack lands. Banners and lanterns on strings crisscrossed between buildings overhead, and colorful booths for games and food were being set up.

  A few pups ran past, giggling as their dog herded them through the crowd. I had to move the box I carried higher before one of them ran into it because they weren't paying attention. Looking away from the children as they ran off, I scanned the crowd.

  Aiden had been helping to carry out tables from storage and to set them up, but I didn't see him anywhere. He was tall and pale enough to glow in the sunlight; it shouldn't be hard to find him, and yet I couldn't. Setting the box down on one of the tables, I glanced over to my mother as she reached into the box for decorations.

  "Where's Aiden?"

  "Nia asked him to help with her booth. She couldn't hang her tent top." She began to sort the decorations from the box before glancing up at me. "Why? Is something wrong?"

  "No. I just wanted to check on him."

  "Well, go on then. I've got this." Mom waved me off, and I nodded before going toward the booths. Guests for the festival would start arriving tomorrow, but I didn't know if the Buteo Regalis Alphas would be here tomorrow like the rest of the guests or if they would show up early to find Aiden before there were even more wolves here.

  Looking over the faces moving among the booths, I still didn't see Aiden anywhere. But I did see Nia as she was tying a sign to the front of her booth to let people know that she was giving away sweet rolls. As I neared her, I picked up Aiden's scent coming from the other side of the booth.

  Going between the booths to the back, I heard giggling. When I rounded the corner, I saw a short, colorful table for children littered with coloring books and crayons. Three kids were at the table with one hunched-over adult squatting in a tiny chair that was much too small for his body.

  The kids were chattering away while they were coloring, and Aiden had somehow joined them.

  It was....an unexpected sight.

  "This crayon looks like puke." Aiden popped off, and the children giggled.

  "It's not puke, it's a yellow-green."

  "Like puke."

  "Is all puke that color?"

  "Depends on what you eat."

  "I puked chunks once."

  "You should chew your food better then, kid." Aiden was so nonchalant in his responses. He then raised his head and looked back over his shoulder at me, already knowing that I was there. To my surprise, there was a flower crown of yellow dandelions sitting on his head that matched the ones on Nia's twins.

  "You're wearing a flower crown?" I quirked up a brow as I got closer to the table.

  "I'm an asshole, but not that kind of asshole. Couldn't just tell 'em no."