4. Forgotten

Chapter 4 - Forgotten

 Kensi’s pov

After days of just seeing light, I heard a voice saying

“Oh Kens, Fern, when you gunna wake up?”

 Just the sound of that made me slowly lift my eyelids. My eyes trailed all round the room. I saw two men stood at the far end of the room; one had short blonde hair and striking blue eyes, the other was African American with a very buff looking figure. I finished my scan of the room settling my eyes on a very tired looking, scruffy man sat on a chair next to my bedside, holding my hand.

 “Hey…who are you?!”, I managed to croak out of my parched throat, whilst withdrawing my hand from his. His face fell and I immediately felt bad but then he started laughing.

 “Haha very funny Kens”, he said, grinning from ear to ear so widely there was no way it was fake, “I’m glad your awake again.”

 “It’s not a joke, I have no idea who you are”, I said, now slightly pissed he didn’t believe me.

 The other two men looked at each other in alarm and started to make their way over to my bedside. The scruffy guys face fell again. It was the worst feeling in the world.

 “Wh-what”, he stuttered, his eyes now full of fear and pain as he looked at me.

 This was scaring me now. I pressed the nurses button and almost straight away a nurse with a badge reading ‘Lisa’ came rushing into my room and said,

“Miss Blye, what is wrong?”

 “There’s all these strange men in my room and I don’t know who the hell any of them are!”, I replied.

 “It appears that she has amnesia, but we don’t know how long it is going to last. It could be a few days but it could also be permanent, we have no idea. I’m so sorry”, nurse Lisa said to the 3 men with an apologetic look on her face.

“Amnesia?!, Wait, so I actually know you guys?”, I asked, confused.

 “Yeah”, whispered the scruffy guy, looked down at the floor with a pained look.

 “Who are you?”, I whispered back timidly looking at my hands, “and, and who am i?”

 The blonde guy spoke first.

“Your Kensi. Kensi Blye, and your part of an elite team in NCIS – naval criminal investigative service. One of the best agents we have”, he said, giving me a small smile.

 “Oh yeah”, I replied, glancing up at him.

 “And I’m Callen”, he continued, “ G Callen, I’m the head agent of the team, and that’s sam, we love you like a little sister, hope you get your memory back soon Kens”, he finished leaning down and giving me a kiss on the cheek. It felt familiar which I guess is a good sign. I really hope I remember them soon, I feel so bad. I turned to the African American guy who I presumed was ‘Sam’.

 “Yeah I’m Sam Hanna, I’m an ex Navy Seal and I’m the strong and tough one of the team”, he smirked.

 “Whoa, whoa whoa, strongest?, you are not th-”, Callen began before Sam cut him off by chuckling. I also let out a small giggle.

 “And you”, I whispered, barely audiable as my eyes drifted to the man by my side who looked like he was about to have a mental breakdown right before my eyes. I felt closer to him than Callen and Sam yet I didn’t even know his name. I sure I would find out who he was in a few seconds so I just looked at him and waited patiently.