Better Than This

Começar do início

"And if I decide not to? Sam is a ruthless hunter, he will kill you before you can get him." You argued, wishing he would just drop by the store suddenly to prove your words.

"True. He could kill me. But not before I kill you, and that unborn child growing inside you." She sounded gleeful at the news. "So, what's it going to be? Break Sam's heart, but keep you and your baby alive? Or have me kill at least two of you, if not all three?"

Tears in your eyes, you placed your hand against your belly, wondering if the Demon was playing a trick on you. But the early signs had been there, and you had been feeling different for the past week or so. "It isn't a trick, I promise you that. Now, what's your decision?"

Breaking Sam's heart had seemed like the worst thing in the world to do. But now that there was another life on the line, you couldn't take the chance. With tears in your eyes, you peered up at the Demon. "Please. Don't make me do this."

"Sam took everything from me. It's fitting I do the same." She muttered, waving her hand and the door opened. "I give you three hours. If it's not done by then..." She promised, drawing her finger across her neck.

With tears streaming down your cheeks, you made your way outside, snow falling once again. As you walked down the sidewalk, your brain worked furiously, trying to figure out how this was going to work. What you were going to do? You had never been a decent liar. Sam always saw through even the smallest lie, and this was life changing.

The Impala was in front of the room when you walked up, and you realized you would have no time to prepare. Taking a deep breath, you pushed open the door, wanting to run straight into Sam's arms. "There you are!" He exclaimed, striding over to you, rubbing his hands up and down your arms. "You're freezing!!"

"Sam, we need to talk." You managed to choke out, your eyes staying downcast, so he couldn't see how red with tears they were.

"Okay. What's wrong?" He asked, attempting to guide you to the couch but you wouldn't move.

"Sam, we're over." You blurted out, your heart clenching at the thought.

"Y/N, that's not funny." He muttered.

"It's not supposed to be. It's the truth. I'm done with our relationship." You insisted, as his fingers gently clasped your chin, lifting your face until he could peer into your eyes.

"Y/N, you're scaring me." He whispered, searching for the truth. Taking another deep breath, you knew you had to be strong.

"Sam, it's been fun. But I'm done with all of this. The hunting, the living in motel rooms. Being with you. It was fun, but it's gotten boring. And I've...I've...met someone else." You stuttered.

"What?" He asked, his fingers leaving your skin, taking a step back.

"He's nice, and reliable. He can give me a real life. A life that doesn't include Demons, or guns!" You told him, your voice rising to hide the utter heartbreak you were currently experiencing. "Sam, don't make this harder than it needs to be."

"I know you. And you're better than this." Sam muttered, his eyes darkened as he stared your way. You could see how mad he was, and you wanted to scream, to tell him that you weren't doing this on purpose. "You wouldn't just leave me for another man. Please, tell me what's wrong!"

"I can't." You whispered before you caught yourself. "Sam, this is for the best. Let me go, please!"

Stepping back, he crossed his arms across his chest. "If that's what you want, then fine. But before you go, tell me one thing. Was this all a lie? Or did you really love me at some point?"

"Sam please." You pleaded. "You know I did."

"Then why did you stop? Did I do something? Say something? I know I'm broken and a mess, but please. Tell me what I did wrong, so I can fix this." He pleaded with you, his eyes full of pain.

For a second you considered breaking down, but you couldn't. You couldn't risk it. "Sam, you couldn't give me the apple pie life I so desperately wanted."

Gulping, he nodded, before pointing to the door. "I'm not going to stop you. Just know this. If you walk through that door, don't come back. We'll be over."

Nodding, you let a tear slip down your cheek, his eyes narrowing as he watched it darken the carpet below you. Quickly stuffing all your items into your duffel bag, you flung it over your shoulder before opening the door. "Goodbye Sam."

Without saying a word, Sam slammed the door, shutting you away from him. Your knees threatening to buckle, you quickly walked away, tears pouring down your cheek. As you rounded the motel, your shoulder bumped into someone, and you mumbled a quick apology. "Whoa Y/N, what's wrong? Is it Sam?"

Glancing up, you realized you had run into Dean. "Dean, please let me go. Go to Sam. He needs you now."

"Y/N, what's going on?" Dean insisted, but you could just make out the Demon standing in the lobby, smiling wickedly your way.

"I just broke up with Sam." You muttered. "Goodbye Dean."

Tearing your arm away from him, you continued, just as the lobby door pushed open, and the Demon stepped outside. "You did it!" She exclaimed, clapping her hands together.

"Are you happy now?" You muttered, and she nodded. "Yes. I can feel his pain from here."

"Then let me go. I'll go find someplace this baby of mine and I can live a normal life. Away from monsters like you."

Stepping to the side, she watched as you walked past. "Now remember!" She called after you. "You can never contact Sam again! If you do, that baby is as good as dead, you hear me??"

Without answering her, you made your way to the train station, planning on buying a ticket to the town the farthest away. Missing the fact that a certain green-eyed man had listened to your interaction with the Demon, his intelligent hunter mind working furiously away on what he heard.