Calling For Help

Cas X Reader

Synopsis: While on a hunt for an unidentified monster, the Reader thinks she hears Cas calling for help. Is it really him, or is the monster tricking her?

"Y/N, maybe you should stay back on this hunt." Sam said, as the three of you began packing to go. You had just thrown your knife in the bag, when you turned to look at him.

"Why?" You asked, a little hurt that your best friend wanted to keep you away from a hunt.

He sighed, before sitting down and looking at you. "It's not that I don't want you there. But these monsters, we don't even know what they are. And their victims are all like you. Female, in their twenties, with h/c hair. I just don't want to see anything happen to you, that's all."

You sat down next to him, patting him on the knee. "Thanks for looking out for me, but I want to go on this hunt. You and Dean need my help."

"I agree with Sam. I think you should stay back." Another voice, this one much more hoarse and deep said from the side of the room, and you jumped up, running into the arms of the Angel you had fallen in love with.

"Cas! I didn't expect to see you today!" You exclaimed, excited at the surprise visit.

He hugged you, getting better and better at it every day. When you had first met your awkward Angel, he hadn't been used to any sort of human emotions or affections, but now he was even the one initiating it . "I heard about the hunt you are going on. And I agree with Sam. You are too much like all the victims. It's not safe. Let Sam and Dean handle it."

You wanted to pout and stomp your foot like a little kid, but you refrained from doing so knowing it wouldn't help your cause any. "Guys, I appreciate you looking out for me, but I can handle this!"

Cas shared a look with Sam over your head, just as Dean came in through the door. "Oh hey man, are you going on the hunt with us?" Dean asked, totally missing the tension that was filling the room.

"I wish I could." He said, staring down at you. "But heavenly duties are calling, and I've put them off longer than possible to talk to Y/N."

"See ya later then." Dean said, before grabbing his coat and throwing it on. Cas gave you a heated look before vanishing from the room. "What are we waiting for? We have some monsters to hunt!"

"Dean, we don't even know what they are, or what will kill them!" Sam argued. "Maybe we should wait another day or two, try to find out more about them."

Dean shrugged his shoulders, before grabbing his green bag that was full of every weapon imaginable. "I think we've got it covered enough. Now let's go before someone else gets killed."

Sam sighed, but didn't argue any farther about you staying behind. Grabbing your knife and gun, you hurried to catch up to the older hunter, knowing Dean would more than likely let you tag along on the hunt.

"Dean, I..." Sam started, as he opened the passenger door, but Dean stopped him.

"Listen, I know we don't know a lot. But we need to try. Now get in." Dean said, stopping Sam from what he was really going to argue about. Knowing you had won, you climbed in, just as Dean started the Impala. 

The trip was short, and before Dean could even finish one song on his tape, he was pulling over in front of an old, abandoned cabin. It was surrounded by dense trees, and in the moonlight it was creepy and foreboding. 

Dean climbed out, heading to the trunk of the car, while you and Sam sat inside. "Y/N, please." He tried once again, but you shook your head at him.