Keeping You Safe

Sam Winchester x Reader

Synopsis: Requested by  . Story where reader is Sam's girlfriend, and he has to worry between keeping her safe while curing his brother. 

Relaxing in the library, a cup of hot chocolate in front of you, you checked your phone for the fifth time that evening. Sam, your boyfriend, had yet to contact you, and you were becoming worried. He was out searching for his brother, who had been dead but now was maybe being possessed by a Demon. It was all a lot to take in, especially since you had only been in this life for a year. You had gotten used to vampires, ghosts, even Crowley. But the fact that Sam's brother had died, and was now walking about out there, supposedly hitting up all the bars had you a little freaked out. And that's why Sam had suggested you stay home. Of course he wanted to keep you safe so he went out on his own while you promised to keep up with research. 

Raising your cup to your lips, you jumped sky high when the door slammed open, and footsteps sounded loudly in the bunker. "Y/N, go to your room!" Sam yelled as you heard the sounds of struggling. 

Ignoring his order, you glanced up, your eyes growing wide when you saw Sam struggling with a handcuffed Dean. "Sam, what's going on?" You asked, thinking that he would have exorcised the demon, burying Dean's body. 

"Hey Y/N." Dean said, his voice even deeper than normal. "Bet you thought you'd never see me again." He told you, before his eyes flashed black.

Taking a couple of steps back, you held your hand to your throat. "Sam, Dean's still a..."

"Y/N, please. Don't argue or ask questions. I can't deal with him if I'm worry about you." Sam pleaded, and you glanced up into his exhausted and worried hazel eyes.

"Fine. But if you need help..." You started, not even sure what you would be able to do.

"Aww, isn't that sweet. Sam's little, naive piece of ass wants to help." Dean said, watching his brother closely for a reaction. He got it, with Sam slamming his head into the wall. 

Without another word, you left the library, heading into the bedroom you shared with Sam. Shutting the door, you sank down on the bed, wrapping your arms around your knees. You wanted to be out there, helping Sam. But you knew you would just be in the way, and he needed to concentrate on his brother right now.

You weren't sure how long you sat there, when Sam finally came in. Looking exhausted, he sank down next to you, placing his head in his hands. "Y/N, I don't know if this will work." He muttered.

"Sam, talk to me." You ordered, and he looked up at you, his eyes bloodshot. 

"Dean's a Demon. I guess since he had the Mark of Cain it turned him into one. I'm going to try the cure, but I'm not sure if it will work on him, or just kill him."

"You can't just leave your brother a Demon." You consoled him. "Dean wouldn't want that. He'd rather be dead."

"You're right." He sighed. "I already have the blood. I just need to start."

After kissing you quickly on the forehead, Sam made you promise to stay in the room. Watching as he left, you waited for a couple of moments before sneaking out. Tiptoeing down to the dungeon, you peeked through the door, watching as Dean growled at his brother. Feeling nothing but grief for what Sam was going through, you watched as Sam put a needle into Dean's neck. 

Rushing back to your room, you sat down on the bed, wondering if Sam would be coming back soon. Watching the clock, you watched as hours passed and still Sam didn't come back to your room. With your eyes heavy, you couldn't hold back any longer, and you finally gave in to sleep.