Chapter 43

Chapter 43- Haylee's POV
When we went off stage and Shawn held my hand carefully, I doubted this. I doubted it all, if I should have initially not accepted being his girlfriend. Eventually we would break up, the fear boiled in the very depth of me. I wanted to deny it, but it will happen. It's not like life is a Cinderella story or something. We were just another two ignorant teenagers, blinded but our love for one another. But we were teenagers, and humans, and therefore we committed the stupidest mistakes.
Still, I smiled. Urging ourselves- as one- to Austin, who gleefully congratulated us. Giving us a warm hug, next came Shannon, who sobbed wildly. She could not even speak properly, but nodded encouragingly. I knew she was loyal enough to Shawn to trust him through thick and thin.
Austin went to the huge stage, and Shannon was admitted inside a green room to have a glass of water to calm herself down. It was only Shawn and I- and well all the staff but they did not care about us that much but instead on the lights and security.
Shawn kissed my forehead, I needed to tippy toe, which caused a smile from both of us. I stared at him. I loved all about him. That tiny scar on his cheek, I loved it. Once I asked him how he actually got it, he said that when he was six he was afraid of horses, terrorized to be precise. So his family took him to some type of farm, and so he rode his horse, soon fell off it. He was not severely injured, besides that scar. But somehow over the years he got over his fear. He was brave. And somehow every little part of Shawn traced a path back to the beginning, to before. Another thing I loved, every little part of him contained a story. Part of his story.
He looked down at me, Shawn was a couple inches taller than me. "I was so nervous, actually." He said, looking at me, blushing a bit by his confession.
I smiled, the sweet part of the badass boy had arrived." I was too. In my mind I could just not formulate why I was going backstage. And boom, it all just happened so quickly. By the way, I loved your song. I love you." I said, looking at our entwined fingers put together.
He just stared at me for a while, an expression I could not read on his face. Only his beautiful, chocolate, brown eyes placed over mine. Then he leaned forward, and I shut my eyes.
This kiss was a little more passionate than the previous one. I think it was because we were finally allowed to do it, it was not wrong. My lips and his moved at the same rhythm. Although this kiss was somewhat deeper, I felt like he still cared about me. How he was occasionally stoping for me to take bits of breaths, as I was not a professional kisser. I felt like something inside me was bursting with happiness, small fireworks lighting inside of me. I hope he felt the same way I did while kissing him.
Our lips separated, ending this small romantic scene of ours. For a moment, we kept our foreheads pressed together. We just looked at each other's eyes.
"Una mirada vale mas que mil palabras..."
Natalia would repeat often, in Spanish. The translation to English is: A look has more value than a thousand words. And this was when I finally got it.
How Shawn was staring at me was not equivalent to a word. It was way more then that, it felt like more and meant more. His glance explained more to me than a word ever could. A word was not enough to describe this look, really. This look just seemed to express what words couldn't, it was a feeling that could not be described.
It was way more than love, for sure.
My love for him reached an extent that it was way more than that; that I needed him to function, to live.
That glance from his expressed the same thing I felt for him.
I was caught in his arms, a few inches lifted above the ground. "Baby, I think we should go wit the guys." He said, smiling. Then doubted for a second what he had said. "I love you." Once, he said it, calmly as if it was someone new in an unknown nature- well we both were. "I love you. I love you. I love you, Haylee." He grinned, spinning me around, gleefully. "It feels so good to say it out loud, finally. After so long. I love you." He whispered the last, meaningful three words into my ear, which was ironic considering seconds ago he was screaming the same three words. I mentally laughed at his hysteria at the moment.
I grinned. "Yes, let's go." So Shawn grabbed my hand as we skirted through the stairs, to finally get to the front row of the Arena.
All of our friend congratulated us quietly, because Austin was starting to sing.
The concert seemed to go by in a jiff, we were all so focused in Austin's voice to even notice anything else.
Only Shawn and I- out of all of us- were completely emerged in us two, still holding each other's hand, while he whispered cute stuff in my ear, to the background music of Austin Mahone- which really could make anything 718191 times better.
As the concert ended, all of the fangirls left the arena. We were the last ones to get out off there, since we needed to congratulate Austin, and Shawn needed to go grab his lucky guitar backstage.
Shawn and I left the arena holding hands. Of course, my hand and his hand were both so sweaty, but I did not care whatsoever. Or so did he.
A black limo was parked in front of the two of us, a driver standing by the door. Gesturing for us to get inside. "I have a surprise planned for you." He said, kissing my hand as if he was some type of romantic king.
"I can't wait, badass boy." I stated, completely honest.
Because I could not wait to see what Shawn's surprise was.
~~~
Short a/n because updating late.
Random comment gets next chapter's dedication.
A special thanks to several names: Maddie, Alyssa, Mary Cate, Jenna Maria, Anna, Ceny, Sav, Isa (yea, it's you Isabou) and every beautiful girl reading this.
Users such as: MyGalaxy7 and soccerluver_42 and all the voters and readers- of whom the username I unknow.
Comment any fanfic you think I should read, Magcon of course. Or well, nameless fandom.
Read "Tallies" on my profile.
Bye, I love you beautiful.
-nat
Ps- so you guys it's my finals week and then summer so i will probably update this weekend and next week wednesday, but summer more frequently :) I really should be studying right now but you guys🌚❤️