Chapter 42

Chapter 42- Haylee's POV
I saw when Shawn finished the last verse of his song. He looked nervous, though, messed up on some lyrics of his own song- he had written. I still clapped for him, he had such talent inside of him. He looked at the crowd of girls all clapping, crying, screaming- being a typical fangirl- and smiled.
"Thank you." He said through the mike, making the whole arena go berserk. I smiled at myself, tears welling up in my eyes.
His dreams were finally coming true.
As well as mine.
Sometimes the idea of him being my friend- who I had kissed before- seemed just surreal and impossible.
Then I reminded myself that this was true.
Austin handed me a guitar, a beautiful one I could recognize from billions of YouTube covers- Shawn's lucky guitar. I looked at it, confused why was the guitar in my hand.
I lifted my shoulders, looking at Austin. "What is this for? Why did you hand it to me?"
He laughed a bit, eager. "You should take his guitar up there. He'll play the next song." He pointed at the stage, a happy Shawn was waving at fans.
I grinned to myself. "May I take him the guitar then?"
He gave me a superior look, which made me laugh because in the time I met him, he had never been serious. "What did I just say?" He said with an attempt to a serious tone, failed by our laughs.
I walked nervously from backstage to the massive stage where Shawn was. He hugged me once he saw me onstage, I hugged him back tightly; hoping to never let go.
He held my cheek tightly, and I saw a smile form on his face. "Thanks, sweetheart." You could barely hear his sweet voice because the fangirls were all screaming, excited for this little, cute scene of ours.
I grinned, against his chest. "Welcome, bad ass boy." I let a sigh, and headed backstage again. He stopped me, grabbed my arm, pulled me towards him.
"Thou shalt stay." He said, pronouncing the lamest, yet exquisite tone of old English. I laughed, then looked at him.
God, how could a human being be so perfect?
"Sure I will." I had no idea why he wanted me to stay; it sounded sketchy. "Do I sit somewhere or I stay standing?"
"Sit on the stool, I'll stand up." Shawn, being such a gentleman, said.
So I did, he looked at me smiling. I could not help but focus on probably the only dis perfection he had: his lazy eye. And yet, I loved that lazy eye. It was so cute, so Shawn. That's what made him him.
And I loved him.
He took the mike stand, and placed it in front of him. Smiled at the audience, and played a strum.
I did not know which song it was. I knew every single song of his, it was practically impossible I didn't know which song it was- unless it was a new single. But it frustrated me.
I seemed a newborn.
But then the lyrics started to roll, and I knew it was a new song.
"You know I saw you,
beautiful indeed.
There was something in you,
something that made you you.
That made me love you,
more than anything and everyone.
Maybe it was how sweet you were,
or the fact that you were always happy.
But I fell for you, head over heels.
I don't even regret, it was the
best choice I ever took.
Well I did not take it, it just
happened.
But it's the best thing that had ever happened to me.
You're the best thing that has ever
happened to me.
I love you.
I wanted to shout it out from every rooftop, but
I kept it in the inside of me.
Why? I don't know.
I feared I'd never be good enough for you.
Then as I fell for you, you fell too.
As you said I was your angel,
I decided you were mine.
Because you saved me life,
as you say I saved yours.
I don't care about the cancer,
because you are way more than that.
Cancer does not define you,
you define yourself.
You defined yourself well,
to the point when I fell for that
defining of yours."
This song was about me, about us. Tears welled up in my eyes. The first verse was over, followed by the chorus.
"Sweetheart, that's what you are.
Putting others before yourself.
Loving everyone more than you.
Caring about others.
But you'll never care about me,
as much as I care about you.
Oh, sweetheart.
Oh, sweetheart.
We all knew it since the beginning.
That you are the best thing that has happened to me.
The best thing.
The best thing."
Such a lovely chorus. In fact, I ha always known Shawn was a talented songwriter, but it felt way more different having a song written to you and about you, than a song only. Shawn proceeded unto the second verse.
"The weeks passed,
I fell for your smile, your laugh,
your talk, your green eyes.
You.
Then it happened,
the cancer got worse.
You fainted, almost left me.
And yet laying on that gurney
you looked beautiful.
Just like an angel who was asleep.
My angel who I loved.
The sobs and sirens made it harder
to pretend you were asleep.
For a moment I felt like
I was losing you.
I was was losing the best person
I have ever met."
That's when I broke down, to know how much he loved me just was a little too much to handle. I wiped my own tears, and put on a smile on my face.
This was probably the best day ever.
Well, any day with Shawn is great.
He repeated the chorus, and then the last verse of 'Best Thing' was going to be sung.
"Then you opened your eyes,
as I was singing gleefully.
Since then I want to be with you.
Every day, every second, all the time.
I lacked you so much one day,
I was so sad.
And now you're back with me, best thing.
And I'm here to stay with you."
Shawn finished the song. I got up from my stool and he hugged me so hard I barely could breathe.
I never expected to mean so much to him.
He grabbed the mike, and stood right in the middle of the stage, holding my hand delicately. He then looked at me directly in the eyes, and started talking. "Haylee Ruth Richardson, you should know that I love you dearly. You mean the most to me; more than anyone or anything. I don't know what you do, but whenever I'm with you I'm a whole another person. With you I feel happy, like if I could be able to pause time I would do it- just to spend more time with you. I love you. And Haylee, my darling, would you be my beloved girlfriend?"
I was shocked at Shawn's words, and took some time to process all the info. I love Shawn, of course, I just found it hard to think that he loved me back with the same passion I loved him. "Yes, Shawn, I'd love to be your girlfriend."
The crowd was filled with aws, and I grinned. He grabbed my waist, and we locked lips, occasionally smiling during the kiss.
It would be illegal to be such a good kisser.
He's my good kisser.
Now he was mine.
~~~
So the chapter sucked you guys srry! I had it written and it was like way better, then I accidentally erased it an I'm sorry! But I still love y'all.
Btw thanks for 300 reads on Tallies, I swear I'll update soon.
Comment, tell me your thoughts. (Next chapter's dedication goes to a random comment)😊
Dedication to the gorgeous & magnificent: ZoeBaee bc her comment last chapters was life & I was not able to reply to her chapter bc my wattpad was so shitty. But whatever. I love you so much bby! Thanks for all the support. This chapter is for youuu 😘
Bye beauties. I love y'all so much. Kik me don't be shy ily (naomi.paolina)
Xoxo,
Nat💙
Ps- the song is also shitty sorry :(
Btw- send me covers for My Darling I really, really like the one I have already bur I want to change it up a bit. Sen them to me by a message or kik & next week I'll announce the winner ( there will be a prize)