Chapter 35- SM

Chapter 35- Shawn's POV
I could actually drive in America, or well that's what I had told Haylee. To impress her, truth is I could not. I was turning 16 in a month, I did not have my license yet. I could drive, but if I was caught driving right now-illegaly- I would have to call my mom from jail and be like 'Mom I need you to go from Canada to Miami and pay the fee for me to leave jail.'
No, I did not have the guts to do that.
"Haylee, I actually..." I was interrupted by Haylee's kind voice.
"Can't drive. I know that, Mendes." I laughed, relieved a bit.
"Can we just take a cab?" I asked.
"Of course we can. No problem." Haylee said sweetly, so we called a cab company and a taxi was in the hospital within minutes.
"Ready?" She asked, getting into the backseat of the taxi, right beside me.
"Yes, I am." I replied.
"Mendes, sing something." I laughed at her command, which she tried to say not sounding too bossy.
"My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like..." That was the only part of the song I could sing before erupting into laughter- as well as Haylee.
"Shawn...you make me laugh. I love that." And I love you, I said mentally.
Haylee looked so cute giggling. Her eyes surrounded with wrinkles, looking just flawless in that green tone. Her hair was put in a braid, she was beautiful. Haylee was not any type of model or cheerleader or whatever, she was just this lovely, dorky- in a great way- girl who just found it so hard to realize that she is beautiful.
That is why I love her.
She was not self-centered nor cocky. She did not brag about her looks because she just didn't realize how flawless she actually looked. I needed to make her realize how beautiful she actually is.
"Haylee you are so beautiful. I...wanted you to know that. Because sometimes it seems like you don't realize it, I get said. You are definitely the cutest girl I have ever met." Haylee did not say any word, just shifted towards me and hugged me harder than anyone else ever has.
Her tears were spilling down my t-shirt, no one called her beautiful often. I did not mind. It was an honor if those tears were to stain my shirt.
As long as they were happiness tears.
"Thanks, Shawn. I lo-" Haylee was interrupted by the taxi driver.
"Here is the parlor. It's $20." He said, nicely but I thought he was rude by interrupting Haylee's almost 'I love you.'
"I'll pay, darling." It was the first time I ever saw Haylee blush and smile and cry at the same time. It was because of one word.
Darling.
"Su-sure, Shawn." She stuttered, nervously. She looked cute blushing.
So I handed the taxi driver the twenty dollars. He said a polite thank you, while Haylee and I got off the taxi. The icecream shop was extremely quiet and-not ironically- cold, because of an air conditioning system. Haylee shivered a bit, she was only wearing a thin, noodle-strip floral print dress. While I was comfortable, wearing my Magcon hoodie, an American Eagle shirt, and some jeans.
"Here have my hoodie." I offered, taking it off. I felt my shirt lift up a little, exhibiting my abdomen, and-embarassed- I pulled it back down.
I was afraid I was not good enough for Haylee.
"Are you sure?" She asked, always putting others before herself. I nodded, smiling.
"Thank you." Her lower lip quivered, as she put on my hoodie.
God, she was making the temptation to kiss her even greater.
"What would you guys like to order?" Asked the counter girl, nervous.
"Ummm...I'll just get a chocolate cone. And what about you?" She grinned towards me.
"Same." I said, taking out my wallet. "I'll pay."
"No, don't worry at all, Shawn. You paid the taxi already." She said, taking out a wallet from her purse.
"Nop. It's all on me." I handed the money to the cashier, Samantha as her name tag indicated.
"Thanks Shawn." Said Haylee, hugging me. She was short, compared to me, but she was so cute trying to reach my neck. Haylee's phone vibrated, interrupting our hug.
She looked at the screen and gasped ever so slightly. "It's my mom, excuse me." She said, leaving to the restroom- leaving Samantha and I alone.
"Is it true you're leaving Magcon?" She asked, curious.
"No, not at all. I just will tour alone soon that's all." I said, clearing things up. No wonder she was nervous, she was a fan.
"Oh. That's great, I'm so happy for you." She said, clearly over excited.
"Thanks, love." I said, not trying to be that flirty because Haylee was like close.
But man if that made her- the fan- happy, I would be happy.
"Is she your girlfriend?" She said, pointing at the restroom door.
"No." I told her, disappointment within my voice.
"Oh well, she's beautiful. You and her would be cute together, just saying." Samantha did make me blush with that comment.
"Yes, she is so beautiful." I said, in a dreamy way.
"I saw how you looked at her. With such passion, intensity. Love. You should go for her." She said, smiling.
"Thanks for the advice, I will. What's your twitter." I asked her.
"It's @jollyjox. I ship them." She said.
"I don't. Mahogany has a boyfriend, Dylan, and Jacob is dating the perfect girl for him." Oh shit, I had forgotten they were both hiding their relationships from fans. That time at the beach when Jacob tweeted him and Sav were a couple- which they were not at that time- for a dare, he apologized later saying it was a dare.
She must've seen my worried glance." Don't worry, you can keep their secret with me." She said.
I quickly looked at my twitter app and followed Samantha."I followed you." She grinned, very happy.
"I'm back." Said Haylee, rushing towards the counter. Sam handed Haylee her ice cream, I had mine in my hand.
"Let's go to a table." I said, pointing at one.
"Go for her, Romeo." Whispered Samantha before we left the counter. I was relieved Haylee did not hear that.
We sat on a table, both on one side. We started talking entertained.
"When will the tour with Austin start?" She asked, happy.
"Well I have not been the opening act for any of them, but I believe I have five shows. Kansas City, Phoenix, Sacramento, Santa Fe, and the last stop is here, Miami." I said, licking my ice cream.
"Wow, that will be fun." She said.
"Yes, I believe it will. It will also prepare me for my individual tour in September..."
"Oh yeah, I heard about that. I really want to go."
"There's like months left for it." We both laughed.
"I know, but still I'm eager. I'm your number one fan."
"And I'm your number one fan." I said, biting the last parts left of my cone.
"Thanks, Shawn. You are just such a sweetheart. I bet you'd be like the cutest boyfriend ever." You wanna try, I offered mentally. We started walking out the parlor, I waved goodbye at Sam. I'd DM her later, she was really sweet. Haylee seemed like she regretted to say the last part of me being a good boyfriend, I needed to reply wisely.
When we were just at the front door of the parlor, I came up with the perfect reply. "Thanks, but you're like the biggest sweetheart I know. You are going through so much, and still you never fail to have a smile on your face- as well as make others smile. You always put others before yourself. And you are possibly the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love you, more than friend love, Haylee. I really, really do." I said, a bit nervous.
But it was time.
She did need to know that over the month and a half that I have known her I had been crushing over her bad- to the point that I fell for her; I love her.
I pulled her waist towards my body. I took a strip of her blonde hair off her forehead and put it behind her ear. Then I stared at her for a moment.
Beautiful, was the word I thought right before I tasted her chocolate-flavored lips.
~~~~
Hey you guys. Ahh, Shaylee is finally happening. Yay. I'm introducing Samantha too, who might've just made Shaylee actually happen?¿
Wow, thanks for all the comments, votes, reads. I wonder if there's any fan out there. All the messages on my board, and personal are just so lovely. Also thanks for all the support on 'Tallies' (it's on my profile if you wanna check it out 😊)
Dedication: Kayla❤️ Gurl you're just so fan, and I believe you are so sweet, and selfless, and loving. Plus you are just so beautiful. Hayes totally loves you, never give up on him. I love you.
Other dedication: To y'all❤️ Thanks for all the support. It is just so nice to know that they're people out there who actually appreciate my writing. I hope I make you smile with my story, as you guys make me smile like an idiot with your comments. I love you, seriously. Ever need something or just wanna talk? Don't be shy, and message me. I'd love to talk to y'all beauties. Stay beautiful. I love you.
Guys comment your thoughts on this chapter, cause Shaylee is happening. Tell me what you think. Next chapter's dedication goes to a comment giving me feedback about the chapter.
Bye beautiful. I love you
-Nat
PS- Thanks for the almost 40 follows and almost 100 reads on 'Tallies' + 30k on 'My Darling' 😘
PSS- Read this far? Comment 'Keep smiling like an idiot Nat' 😏
PSSS- Oh and you guys, Shawn has known Hayls for like a month and a half, but for two weeks only through social media- stalking her a bit lol. Then has actually physically known her for a month.