Chapter 50

Chapter 50- Haylee's POV
We got in the Mendes' van, a Mazda model from 2012. It was bright, tomato red and I really like how sportish and casual the car actually looked. Shawn's mom took shotgun, and Roberto drove us over to the venue.
The music blared through the speakers, it seemed that they were a very musical family. 'Chloe' by Emblem Three stopped playing, such an oldie but I could not help knowing every single word to it. I still loved the catchy tune of the song, I had to admit.
Life of the Party started playing on the radio. Shawn took my hand and squeezed on it, gleefully- of course he had to be proud of how far he has actually come. Tears welled up in my eyes, I was still a fangirl and I was unbelievably proud of Shawn.
"Isn't this your song, honey?" Mandy looked at us in the backseat, moving her arms savagely from side to side, causing me to explode into laughter.
Shawn blushed.
"Yes it is." Shawn started singing the lyrics quite loudly, as if we were in his concert.
Roberto shrugged it of, smiling at his sons' gifted talent and laughing at his wife's weird dancing.
Roberto and I are one, and both of us probably had happy tears accumulated in our eyes of how proud we were of Shawn. He was Shawn's dad and had been here for him for so long, he needed to be ten times prouder than anyone else was, even more than I am.
"Yay, Shawn." The ridiculous cheer came out of my mouth before I could even think.
"What was that?" Said Roberto and Shawn at once, both laughing hysterically.
I had just made a fool of myself in front of my boyfriend's parents.
"I don't know, I suddenly got hyperactive." I laughed, trying to impress Shawn's parents with my vocabulary.
"It's okay. I guess we all act like that once in a while." Said Mandy, laughing along with me.
Thank god for Mandy's niceness.
"I swear you make us crack up, Haylee." Exclaimed Roberto.
"Eyes on the road, Mendes." Commanded Mandy, laughing, while guiding his hand on the steering wheel.
"I'd sell my soul to have a family like this." I command, honestly.
"Why?" Asks Mandy more serious.
"You don't have to." Whispers Shawn into my ear, as he always genuinely cares about me.
"It's fine." I whisper back into his, not loud enough for anyone else in the car to hear except for Shawn.
"Well, my dad rarely spends time with me as he is always working to pay of my medicines and tests and all, so he only comes visit to the hospital once a week, Sunday. My mom is always there for my, though. I have no siblings too." I say, Shawn's arms already surronding my body.
"We're here for you, anyway." Said Roberto, grinning from the rearview mirror.
We talked about Shawn's tour with Austin for a while, as his parents wanted to update themselves on the subject. We told them about meeting Becky, the different U Girls, and, of course, of how he asked me to be his girlfriend in his concert.
As we crossed the front door of the French restaurant, the smell of baguettes filled my nostrils. Oh, how I was starving already.
We sat on a table for four, Shawn and I on one side of it and Roberto and Mandy on the other side. We skimmed through the menus and quickly ordered our food.
"Canada is amazing." I said, eating some bread.
"It's lovely, just like you." Said Shawn, making me blush.
"Shawn, I never thought the day would come when you would be cheesy in front of us." Said Mandy, causing a laugh come from all of us.
"Me too, but I guess it soon came." Stated Shawn, eating some bread as I was doing to- and let me just tell you that crunchy bread was just so delicious.
"Wanna hear a silly story, Haylee?" Asked Roberto, managing to curve the whole conversation.
I chew on my piece of bread and quickly swallow it, then taking a huge gulp of water. "Sure." I smile, curious to what this would be about.
"When Shawn was like seven, we were in the backyard playing soccer with McKenzie. They were talking about how horses were just incredible, and out of the blues Shawn started talking about crocodiles, since then some people back here call him croc boy." The story Roberto retold I found not exactly funny, what I did find funny was 'croc boy.'
I chocked over my bread, and took a gulp of water to put it down. "Croc boy." I said in between laughs, I was laughing hysterically and soon Mandy and Roberto joined.
"It gets better." Declares Mandy, making shush look at his parents with a look of 'quit telling my embarrassing ass stories.'
And yet, they kept telling me.
"He was in first grade, and I have no idea what they were actually doing in school but Shawn soon got a hold of a sharpie. He drew a crocodile on both of his arms and belly." We all laugh- including Shawn- as Roberto tells us.
"I still have a picture of croc boy, it's back home. I can show it to you when we get home." Mandy says, smiling kindly.
"I'd love to." I laugh, imagining small, baby Shawn clumsily drawing crocodiles unto his skin.
"It's a deal." Replies Mandy.
I pull my polaroid camera out of my backpack, and ask the waitress to take a picture of us four. It's the cutest picture I had probably ever set eyes on.
I carry that camera usually everywhere I go, and I have a fair collection of the pictures I have actually taken back home- in Miami. I store specially all my pictures with Shawn and the guys, of course, also the girls- which I had grown a unique, developed relationship with every single one of them. The polaroid pictures are taken when I thought I was having fun, because that's when you make memories without your knowledge. But after all, I will at least have an item- a picture- to remind me of those moments even when I'm an old and wrinkly senior woman.
The waitress came back wit our food, I had ordered some type of sandwich with a baguette as the main ingredient and mashed potatoes as a side. In a jiff I started to devour my appetizing plate, as I had previously been starving. The dish is actually very yummy, but once I'm done with it- attempting to eat it with the best manners ever, manners always matter to parents- I'm full.
"Well I was starving." I state, staring at the other three dishes on the table, besides mine, that are only halfway gone. I feel like a pig.
"Forever a food lover." Says Roberto, stuffing three bites in a row of his beef, finishing it in a swift.
"Five ever." Says Shawn, smiling at me and nudging my shoulder out of nowhere. A small smile creeps on his face, making me think he's the most adorable human being ever.
"Six ever." Says Mandy, smiling like Shawn does. I could see the resemblance they both have, the same white smile and chocolate brown eyes.
"Seven ever." I reply.
"Eight ever." Says Roberto, causing me to giggle- considering that for most people a conversation like this would be pathetic but I would forever treasure this one in my heart.
"Just don't." Says Shawn, making us all finally laugh hysterically.
Shawn and Mandy finally finish their dishes. We pay the bill, I help Roberto pay for it. He say it is no worry at all- maybe he knows about our money issue- but I still wanted to do so.
We headed back to Shawn's house, talking about more of Shawn's silly childhood memories. I enjoy the back ride home, as I am curled up in Shawn's chest, playing with his massive hand- occasionally holding it but first teasing it for a while.
We reach Shawn's house, and open the door to only find madness everywhere.
~~~
yay update! sorry for not updating for a while but my internet was real shitty. i might not update for two weeks or so bc i'll be traveling to la, but i'll save it all in drafts and probably publish a bunch when i get home.
sorry for the non-exciting chapter, but soon stuff will get interesting again, lots of action going down and well just fun. random comment gets next chapters dedication (i luv da comments)
dedication: kayla bc she's so sweet and rad and i love her, go check out her matt fanfic 'my dandelion'
so while i'm gone you guys can read my new/old fanfics in my prof
ps- and i like totally changed the my darling cover and its cute af. in chapter 4 (i believe) it states haylee mainly keeps her hair up in a ponytail, therefore the cover. comment what you think of it xx