Chapter Ten - Taking the TARDIS

"So... You're an alien?" I disbelieved.

"Yeah," L.D. nodded, "Pretty cool, eh?"

"That's so awesome," I stated, "My boyfriend... An alien."

"Boyfriend?" L.D. gave me a funny look.

"Did I say boyfriend?" I attempted, "I meant... Um... You know... Guy friend. As in, you're a guy and my frie- this isn't helping."

"No," he smirked, "It really isn't." I turned to look at the sky and he placed a kiss on my cheek, making my face go really red.

"So... Anyway," I continued, "If you're an alien, that mean both your parents are, too?"

"Yes," L.D. confirmed, "And... We're Time Lords... The last of our kind, in fact."

"That's awful," I mumbled, "It must be very lonely."

"Nah," he shook his head, "Not with people like you around."

"Awe..." I giggled, "No... But seriously, if you're an alien, do you have alien technology?"

"I've got a sonic screwdriver," L.D. held up the device.

"Cool!" I jumped, "Where'd you get it?"

"Stole it from my dad," he shrugged, "Along with this bow-tie. What do you think? Do I look like the Doctor?"

"Hardly," I chuckled.

"Well... Meh to you, too," he stuck his tongue out at me. I smiled and looked down, watching our feet keep pace with each other.

"Ezzie," he turned to look at me, taking me by both hands. His eyes sparkled and his lips were set in an adventurous smirk.

"L.D.?" I raised an eyebrow, excited.

"I'm about to show you something so amazing, so absolutely unbelievable, that you probably won't even believe it until I show you," he explained, "I'm going to take you for a ride in the TARDIS."

"The what?" I blinked.

"Time And Relative Dimension In Space," he explained, "It can take you anywhere... Anytime... So, just pick one."

"Hmm..." I considered, "Well... Can we go find another Time Lord? From a previous time? Or maybe a TARDIS of your own?"

"How do you know this isn't my TARDIS?" he demanded.

"Because it's your dad's," I shrugged, "You take all your Dad's cool stuff."

"Well..." he considered, "There is a TARDIS junkyard on the outskirts of the universe."

"Perfect!" I beamed, "Wouldn't it be great, L.D.?"

"Wouldn't what be great?" he questioned.

"If you were even more famous than your father?" I giggled.

"That'd be great indeed," he nodded, "I'd need a secret name, though..."

"Hmm..." I pondered, "What about... The Prince?"

"Yeah," he nodded, "I like it... The Prince. Well, come on! Let's go!" With that, we started on a sprint to the big blue police box in his backyard.