Chapter Seven - Walking In The Dark

"Let me walk you home," L.D. offered, taking my hand and closing the door after I'd said good night to everyone else.

"Oh... Well," I blushed, giving him a shaky smile, "Th-that's okay. I can walk myself."

"Nonsense," he dragged me away, "You can't walk alone... Especially at night. It's much too dangerous."

"A-alright..." I giggled, "You know where Janes and Main meet? I live really close to there..."

"Brilliant," L.D. chuckled, "So... Ezzie. What do you do for fun around here?"

"The same thing we do for fun anywhere else," I shrugged, "You know... Teenager stuff. Your place is probably the most entertaining thing in the entire town, though."

"Nah," he waved away, squeezing my hand, "It's not that entertaining, is it?"

"Well... Uh," I stammered, "I think it's pretty special. I mean, how many families have fish fingers and custard for dinner over bacon?"

"Us," he shrugged.

"And I have never seen something quite as ridiculous as when your father walked into the kitchen ," I added, "I mean... Wasn't that a fez?"

"You mean that red thing on his head?" L.D. chuckled, "Pfft... I have no idea where he got that thing... Nan says that he's had it since she was a really little girl."

"You might look good in a bow-tie, though," I replied, "I liked his bow-tie."

"You know what I like?" he smirked.

"What?" I blinked.

"You," he stopped and looked me straight in the face. I opened my mouth, as if to reply, but he was one step ahead of me and brought his lips to mine.

"Uh..." I swallowed, once he'd stepped back.

"Come along then," he grinned, "Let's get you home."