Chapter Eight - Brilliant Brilliant Ice Cream

"Ezibel Prince!" I heard my name called after my last class. I turned around to see L.D.

"Hey," I smiled, once he'd walked up to me.

"Ezibel Prince," he repeated, "How would you like to join me for some ice cream?"

"Um... I'd love to?" I shrugged.

"Brilliant!" he approved, dragging me away, "Where do you suggest? We can go anywhere at all... I'll pay."

"Well... You like irregular things, right?" I clarified, "There's this ice cream shoppe that has the strangest flavours... Like buttered toa-"

"AhEM," Jake planted herself in front of our exit, "And WHERE do you think you are going?"

"Um... Well-" I searched.

"We're going for ice cream," L.D. explained, "Would you like to join us, Jake Break? That's such a brilliant name... It's just so fun to say, it being rhyming and all. Have you ever had fish fingers and custard, Ja-"

"I can see you guys are busy," Jake interrupted, retreated, "Have fun with your... Um... Ice cream, Ezzie."

"Well," I muttered, sarcastically, being dragged through the doors by L.D. "Way to look out for me, Jake."

"I almost got the impression she didn't want to hang out with us," L.D. smirked, "I couldn't imagine why."

"You... Did that on purpose!" I accused, laughing.

"Did I?" he blinked, "I must remind my self not to do that then."

"Man... You are insane, L.D." I rolled my eyes.

"Nan says the same thing," L.D. pointed out, "She says I get it from Dad... She's probably right... What do you think?"

"I think we should focus on our brilliant ice cream," I stated.

"Brilliant idea!" he approved, "You were saying something about fish flavoured ice cream? What a strange thing, I do say."