Chapter Four - And So... I Followed Him Home

"What are you doing?" Silky showed up beside me.

"Ah!" I jumped from my hiding spot, "Silky!"

"What'cha doing?" she repeated.

"I'm... Curious," I attempted, "I'm going to follow L.D. home."

"Isn't that considered stalking?" Silky countered.

"Shut up, Silky," I said, turning back to L.D., "Look... He's leaving. I'll talk to you later, Silky... Bye!" I left a stunned Silky standing there, speechless. L.D. started to make his way down the street and I was following close behind. After walking into an empty park clearing, he turned around and looked back exactly where I was hiding.

"I know someone's out there," he stated, "Show yourself." I blinked. He knew someone was there, but he didn't know it was me that was following him. I could abandon the mission and he may never know... But I'm not the type to do that, so I stayed quiet.

"Oh, come now," he sighed, frustrated, starting towards my hiding spot, "You aren't honestly going to make me come find you, aren't you?"

"Alright, alright, I'm here," I replied, staying hidden, "I was just curious." He stopped walking, but didn't seem surprised in the slightest.

"You could have just asked me to show you where I go after school," he rolled his eyes, "Honestly, Ezzie... I would have agreed, eventually."

"There is absolutely no way you've memorised my voice in a week," I accused, poking my head out, "How'd you know it was me?"

"I'm good with voices," he smirked.

"You could have told me that earlier," I grumbled, stepping out into the open.

"Come on," he chuckled, holding out his hand, "Dad'll be glad for the company."