Chapter 9: No emotions

Start from the beginning

Splashing water onto my face, I take a moment to stare at myself in the mirror.
From the roots of my hair,  to my dull boring brown eyes, my nose and finally.... to my lips.

Then I find my mind drifting off to her.

Was it my eyes? Did she want someone with blue eyes or did she simply not like it?
Was my lips not soft enough?
Am I not.... Pretty enough for her? 

God! What am I saying!? Of course I'm pretty. I'm bloody hot!
I don't want her. Yeah. That's better. She doesn't deserve me.

I hear the tardy bell ring and I sighed out loudly.
Doesn't even matter, I already have detention after school...with her, yay! Just fucking great isn't it?

I run my fingers through my hair again before walking out, walking slowly towards class.

Standing outside her classroom, I tighten my hold on my bag strap before opening up the door, being met by many curious eyes as they gazed over to me.

I roll my eyes and hear someone clearing their throat.

"Nice of you to join us Ms Cabello."

I turn my head to finally meet her green eyes and I'm not gonna lie. It still gets my heart beating faster than usual.

I raise my eyebrows, faking a sweet smile as I nod my head.
"I'm sorry I'm late...Ms Jauregui." I speak out forcefully.
I honestly just want to sleep right now.

Lauren purses her lips and sighs before nodding her head, eyes still trained on me.

"Okay. You can go take a seat. Just don't be late again, understood?" She says sternly.
I resist the urge to roll my eyes and shrug my shoulders as I walked towards the back and plopped down beside Shawn.
This is the first time she's ever talked to me ever since that so traumatizing kiss! Note the sarcasm.

I usual would acknowledge the fact— that she actually talked to me— but I can't find it in myself to care at the moment.

She talks for a few more minutes before telling the students to work on something, she glanced at me when nobody was looking and I felt my heartbeat beating fast again.

The look she's giving me is so unreadable. So confusing because I don't know what she's trying to imply on me with her eyes.

Ha. Confusing just like everything else that's been happening.

I clench my jaw, not really wanting to look at her as I turned around instead to talk to Shawn.
After a few minutes I can't resist the temptation and decided to take one more look towards her, only to find her sitting down on her podium....still staring at me.

I furrow my eyebrows and narrow my eyes slightly at her.

She stares at me for a few more seconds before looking away towards her work and I sigh.
A part of me is glad that she turned away because....well, I didn't want her to keep confusing me. The other part is disappointed because I sort of liked the way she looked at me....

"What in the fucking hell was that?"

I jump slightly and glared at Shawn as I turned around to face him, all he gave me was a innocent smile as he raised his eyebrows expectantly.

"What?" I whispered, kinda annoyed at the scare he gave me.

He rolls his eyes and nods his head towards Lauren.
"That. What was with all the eye staring shit? No offence. But I think you need to talk to her or something."