Chapter 9: No emotions

Start from the beginning

"Hey......." I say unenthusiastically.
Demi raises her eyebrows as she narrows her eyes at me, making me roll my eyes.
"Geez... What happened to you?" She asks as we began walking to our crews usual meet up spot in the mornings.

I shrugged my shoulders, yawning quietly as I stretched slightly.
"Didn't sleep much last night. That's what happened." I say. I didn't entirely lie. I just didn't tell her the other reasons why I'm being such a bitch today.

She chuckles lightly and nods her head.
"Oh.. Right." She says.

Finally we met up with the crew who also noticed my angry behaviour, whereas Demi had to tell them the reason why I was like that today.
Thank god for that. Too many questions will just add on to this really shitty day. And I don't think anyone will want me to be more pissed then I am already.

The morning bell rings as we approach homeroom.
I feel someone's eyes on me and I turn around,  meeting the green orbs of Lauren Jauregui standing on the other side of the hallway with another teacher as she gazes  at me intently.

I felt my lips twitch as I begin to smile at her but stop immediately as I rolled my eyes, clenching my jaw as I turned my head away from her.

I didn't miss the heartbroken look on her face as I turned away, walking inside the classroom as I hung my head low.

As we were seated our teacher walked in, holding our roll call book as he greeted the class before calling out our names.

"Cole........ " He began.

-----------______-----------

After homeroom,  we each went to our individual classes and I suddenly felt even more shittier after our 1st class finished because now it meant getting closer to having class with her. And I still don't exactly feel pleasant about having her around me.
_————

"Okay Class,  remember to bring in your books tomorrow because I'm going to be checking them." Mrs Yang says as everyone packed up,  getting ready for 3rd period as I secretly cursed in my head.

Dinah pats me on my shoulder and I send her a grateful yet tired smile before standing up.
"Great. We're having English now. Yay. " I say with sarcasm dripping in my voice as I clapped loudly, causing a few students to look at me weirdly.

Zayn laughs and nudges my shoulders playfully whilst the others chuckle lightly at us.
"Don't be like that Milz. At least we have a hot teacher." He says with a smirk and I clench my jaw.
Right. I didn't tell them yet about her. Welp. I'll tell them as soon as.....  Whatever, I'll just tell them when I can.

I force a smile as I nod my head.
"Yeah....  Right. "
He gives me a weird look and raises his eyebrows before shrugging his shoulders.

I make a quick stop at the girls bathroom, telling the crew to walk on as they did so, Dinah and Shawn giving me worried looks as I shake my head, smiling at them.
"I'm fine. Really. I just.. Gotta wash my face to feel less sleepy.."

They nod their heads and continue walking.

I sigh out in relief at being by myself, running my hands through my hair as I gently massage my temples to lessen the headache I've been feeling all morning.