"Argyl." He voiced out with lot of efforts.

"Damion." I said my voice barely audible. I could hardly speak. Tears blinded my vision and I didn't try to hold them back.

I was weak that moment. I couldn't think straight.

I looked into his blue eyes. They were half closed. I could see the pain in them. Slightly watered. I bit down my lower lip to stop myself from sobbing out loud. But I didn't had any control on my body. A loud sob escaped my lips and his fingers gripped my hand tighter. As tight as he could at that moment.

I could see him bleeding. I knew I couldn't do anything. I knew I could not save him. I knew what was happening.

I looked into his eyes. The same ones which I had fallen in love with. Which held dominance. Which had caged me since the very start.

Tears streamed down my eyes. He lifted his other trembling hand. Placing it lightly on my cheek. I leaned into his touch closing my eyes, crying as he slowly thumbed away the tears. His fingers shaking.

I held his hand to my face.

"Stay?" I said looking at him.

A small smile graced his lips. He closed his eyes in pain. A tear falling down his cheek.

"Please?" I begged.

"I love you." He managed to say through the pain.

The words that easily, effortlessly rolled off his tongue required fucking efforts now.

The cruel joke of time.

"I love you." I replied my voice scratchy.

His hand holding mine tugged me a little with all the power he could muster. I leaned into him, not caring if the blood was drenching my clothes too.

His hand on my cheek pulled me closer and I knew what he wanted. I closed the distance between us placing my lips gently on his. They trembled against mine. Tears fell down my eyes on his cheeks. His eyes closed. Tears escaping his too, mixing with mine.

I slowly moved my lips closing my eyes. For the last time. His cologne engulfed me and he tried to kiss me back. I could feel his heavy breath. With each passing moment, it became shallow. I knew we didn't had time. I didn't had time.

I tried to breath him in. Keeping this moment forever in my mind.

I didn't know for how many years I would have to go remembering this. I didn't know how many heart beats have been allotted to me. But I wished I could share them with him.

For his each beat was buying us time. I placed my hand on his heart. Feeling the fainting beats.

The same heart that beat fast under my palm. The same beats which sang me to sleep every night. The same melody which I had grown to love. It was fainting.

In a moment, his lips stopped their slow movements. My hand couldn't seem to find the beats. I closed my eyes tight as I broke. Everything in me broke as I let my tears flow. I cried into the crook of his neck. 

I wanted his hands to themselves possessively around me. I wanted him calm me down. I wanted him to hold me. But it was not possible.

It was never again possible.

I sobbed loudly taking in his scent for the last time. Allowing myself to break. To be weak for once. Only for once.

He had promised me he would always stay. We had promised we wouldn't leave each other. I kept my promise. He didn't.

I held his shoulders tight as I cried. I held onto him. Tightly. I never wanted to let him go. Never.