May Be Something More

The pain in my body was numb. I didn't feel it much. The meds worked I guess.

The peace I felt was unexplainable. Me being in his arms. Feeling the slight rise and fall of his chest. His peaceful breaths. His hand wrapped around me making it unable to move even a slightest.

I felt the warmth cocooning me. I felt the heat radiating from him as I gained my senses. I opened my eyes to see him sleeping holding me tightly to him.

The feeling I had inside me was something else. I looked at his sleeping form and he looked sweet.

His hair falling on his forehead totally messed up giving him a boyish look. Something different than this, 'I am the Rey.' look on his face.

It was different and sweet.

It was a sight I would always love to wake up to. Him..

It is funny how before few days, I wanted to run away from him. How I believed in those Demon rumours. He sure as hell is a Demon. But he does have a soft side.

He kills people but I knew he will kill for me.

I felt safe with him.

It was for the first time I thought someone could protect me in any situation. No matter what.

I knew he won't let anything happen to me.

I just knew.

I was starting to like him.

I raised my hand a little feeling his heartbeat under my other palm confirming he was asleep.

I smiled to myself as I raised my hand my fingers running lightly through his hair falling on his forehead.

The soft brown texture of them under my fingertips. I didn't want to wake him up. He looked exhausted.

The fact that he was there for me was overwhelming.

There was a knock on the door and I tried to get up. But his grip tightened around me not ready to let me go.

So I decided to ignore the knock just loosing myself into his thoughts.

What have you done to me Damion?

How did you even managed to get my guards down?

I silently asked him smiling.

I had started smiling more often. Because of him.

There was another knock on the door.

This time so loud that it cause Damion open his eyes.

His sleepy eyes looked into mine and I smiled at him.

"Good morning." I whispered low.

He nodded like he always did to his men. Out of habit.

I smiled at his gesture as he closed his eyes again.

In a moment he opened them again looking at me in utter shock.

I looked at him confused raising my eyebrows.

I blinked few times, his eyes not leaving mine.

The sleepy look in them gone before.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Better than before." I smiled.

His lips turned up in a small smile as he looked into my eyes softly. His grip around me, firm yet gentle. trying his best not to hurt me in any way. Little did he know, he wouldn't be able to hurt me even if he tried to.