13.3: Forgiveness

Start from the beginning

"Asi, Noin; you should bow to your highness! You are aware of this."

"It's fine, Reyarts. I told them they didn't have to. And, you don't either."

"I... pardon me, my grace?"

"If you bow down to me one more time, Reyarts, I will... punish you..." she narrowed her eyes at the Esperian. The women widened their eyes at Lindsay as Reyarts darted his down to his feet.

"Y-Y-You would... punish me, your grace...?"

"No, I'm kidding. Just... please, stop bowing to me. I understand why but... just stop doing it... okay? You can bow down to the Royal Magistrate until you're sore for all I care, if it makes you feel better! So... can I go and visit my friends?"

"Y-You are Lady of Esperia, my grace; you can do as you please." Asi said and raised the rope for Lindsay to pass. She nodded to the three and suppressed her laughter as they struggled not to bow.

"If there is anything else you require, do not hesitate to inform us, Lady Lindsay." Noin nodded.

"Thank you." Lindsay smiled and moved to the table where her family and former team members dined. David and Steve noticed her and bowed.

"Oh, your highness is joining us mere peasants this evening...? We're very humbled, m'lady..." Steve said, and the table laughed as Lindsay blushed.

"Stop that! Don't make me use this on you," she placed her hand on the hilt of the Rerecro but laughed. "Smart asses; was just wondering how you guys liked the food."

"It's actually not bad." Tim admitted.

"Good."

"Hey, since you're here, you can clear up a few things for us."

"I'll try. I don't know how long I can stay here; my royal attendants look like they're ready to put this area on lockdown to keep me from moving!" Lindsay said to Malik but glanced back at the royal section. Emuh stood beside his son, speaking to him while Reyarts and her two attendants lingered by the edge of the rope, watching Lindsay.

"Which is weird; they're not all over Areiv like that." Yoji pointed out and Lindsay smiled.

"Oh... that's because, well... remember when Emuh spoke at the closing ceremonies and we kinda figured out he ruled this galaxy?"

"Yeah...?" William looked at his sister.

"We were half right. It's not the Royal Magistrate that rules the galaxy... it's the Lady of Esperia. Only reason why Emuh did was because the former Lady of Esperia died."

"W-Wait... what?!" Bradley widened his eyes at Lindsay.

"So... wait... you have control over this whole universe?!"

"The details are a little sketchy but basically? Yeah..." Lindsay shrugged at David.

"That's why you look like you're going into battle..." Malik looked over her outfit.

"Wow... the greatest author in the world couldn't write this in existence..." Yoji shook his head.

"I know! It feels weird to me still. No one told me what the title actually meant until I got here. It probably won't sink in until... I don't know. Never?"

"So, how did this whole 'our manager is the artillery specialist's father' happen and when were you going to tell us?" Steve asked. Both Keith and Lindsay blushed as they glanced at each other.

"We were... working on that. Don't take it all out on Lizzie; she just found out herself."

"... Did you know? When you first saw her; did you know that was your daughter?" Bradley's voice was barely audible. Keith sighed.