13.3: Forgiveness

It didn't take long to set up outside, as a space was roped off for the royal court, Lady of Esperia and Royal Magistrate. Lindsay ate and gazed in silence as her human friends and family talked and laughed amongst themselves. Areiv noticed and caught her hand.

"I will not become offended if you prefer to feast with them..." he smiled and nodded towards the large table in front of them. "We have an eternity to be together; I surely do not mind a few moments away from you."

"No... it's not that."

"Are you certain?"

"... I don't know. Areiv, you're not overwhelmed...?"

"Should I be?"

"Yes! They televised the coronation!"

"My love... why does that amaze you? Did you not expect we had the resources to do so?"

"Well..." she offered him a timid expression and Areiv laughed.

"We have given Earth many of our technologies; why would we not utilize them here?"

"I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking. You're so right; look at your IR," she sighed and laughed. Lindsay gave him a peck on the lips. "Thanks for letting me invite them."

"There was no need to exclude them. As they are your family and friends, they are mine."

"Really? Even Brad?" she wanted to know and Areiv sighed. He glanced towards the humans and watched as Bradley ate; David spoke to him but he halfway paid attention to the other man. Areiv smiled at Lindsay.

"I have no hostilities towards Bradley... although it is not the same for him. It disheartens me that he will carry a resentment for as long as we remain one."

"If you want me to talk to him, I can. You're uncomfortable with him here."

"He does not make me-"

"Don't sit here and lie; you're supposed to be the truthful and honest one, here!" she raised her eyebrows at him. Areiv gave out a small laugh and returned the kiss from earlier.

"You are familiar with me greatly, my dear Lindsay. It is only because he does not favor me and he is in love with you."

"Oh, Brad is not in love with me!"

"If he is not, then why is he so envious of me?"

"It's because... he just likes me. That's all. I was the only female human for almost a year. And then we were close partners."

"Lindsay, he has attempted to suppress his genuine feelings however I sensed it. He has passed from mere fascination. Why else would he continue to threaten me, even on the day of our union ritual?" he gave her a smirk. Lindsay's face grew hot as she recalled what the man told her husband during the blessing ritual; the procession moved too quick for her to react towards the slight threat Bradley issued.

"I'm so sorry..."

"You are not to blame for his actions, Lindsay. And, I do not fault him for his sentiments for you; it is quite mutual." he gave her a full smile before giving her a lingering kiss.

"It better be! My offer still stands as far as talking to him."

"As you understand me, I understand you. It does not matter what I say, you will still speak with him on this subject. And I know you still would rather sit with your family. Go; be with them. I can wait." he assured her. Lindsay smiled and excused herself from their table. Before she could leave the area, Reyarts, Noin and Asi approached the rope.

"Lady Lindsay, is there something the matter?" Reyarts asked but Lindsay shook her head.

"No. Just going to talk to my family and friends. I can... do that, right?" she noted the looks on the Esperians' faces. Reyarts bowed but noticed that Asi and Noin were reluctant.