13.2: Coronation

Visitors from all around gathered inside the royal palace, waiting for their turn to give the Baron and Empress of Esperia their blessings. In the main throne room, only two chairs stood to accommodate Areiv and Lindsay. The blessing ritual called for everyone to lay their forehead on the back of the couple's hands and bless them out loud; the presentation of gifts was optional to those not of the royal court. Because it was the Baron and Empress, everyone arrived from all over the galaxy to offer their blessings.

Areiv and Lindsay sat at their thrones, waiting for Reyarts to announce the start of the blessing ritual. As Emuh stood beside his son, beaming at both, Areiv took her hand and kissed it.

"So... will these be our seats from now on?" Lindsay smiled.

"Afraid not, my love. Your throne as Lady of Esperia will be much nobler than this. But that is not what I wish to speak on at the moment. Oh... my wife, is it?" he asked and Lindsay nodded. "How you amazed me! Why did you not inform me you researched my language?"

"I wanted to surprise you. Let's just call that my wedding gift to you! I mean, you and the others have gone through so much to learn my language; I figured why couldn't I put in the effort to do the same? I'm gonna be Lady of Esperia by the end of the night, right? It's the least I could do. It wasn't bad, was it?"

"Oh, my dear Lindsay... it was beyond compare." Areiv beamed as he gave her a kiss.

"I have no doubt you startled everyone in attendance. I was most pleased, your grace..." Emuh bowed towards her and Lindsay blushed as she glared at him. Before she retaliated, Reyarts announced the beginning of the ritual. One by one, guests crossed the few steps towards the thrones and provided the couple their blessings. It surprised Lindsay that many people gave her presents and described the purpose of the items or what they were eaten with; she received a large amount of food items.

Thirty minutes into the ritual, Lindsay lit up as she made out the start of the human beings. It didn't surprise her that Kristen was first; she giggled as the small girl ran up and embraced her instead of keeping to the ritual. Lindsay's laugh drained out Malik's warnings as she hugged her back.

"Kiddo!"

"You look so beautiful! I can't believe I know a real princess!" she gushed and Lindsay laughed harder.

"I'm gonna have a lot of responsibilities soon! And, as much as I miss you, you gotta let everyone else get a chance to talk to us."

"Oh! Okay... your highness!" Kristen smiled and gave a curtsy, making Areiv chuckle and Lindsay roll her eyes. Malik approached the two and bent towards Lindsay, who yanked her hand away from his grasp.

"W-What the hell... you know I ain't letting you guys do that! And don't you start on that 'your highness' crap, either!" she pointed a finger at him. He smirked and offered her a hug.

"Fine; can I at least say that you do look beautiful today?"

"I guess..."

"Congratulations, you two." he gave Areiv a handshake and left with his daughter.

Bradley was the last human in line and he gave Lindsay a warm embrace.

"I'm glad you came." she said to him and he gave her a funny glance.

"What? Why wouldn't I be here?" even as the words escaped his lips he knew he had plenty of reasons to not show. But Bradley understood none of them were good enough reasons to skip his friend's wedding. "We're friends, right?"

"Yeah."

"So, as long as you're happy, I have no problems," he smiled, and she returned the gesture. Bradley gave her another hug and reached to shake Areiv's hand, giving him a hard stare. "Her happiness is the priority here."