11.2: Pheromones

Malik turned aside from the Earth team's console in time to see Bradley walk inside the bay. Yoji and himself were always the first to report for practice, followed by the others but what confused him was the pilot didn't have the artillery specialist by his side; the two always walked in together. Malik gave a display of glancing behind Bradley.

"Hey. Where's our artillery specialist?" he gave Bradley a smirk. The redhead let out a heavy sigh and shrugged.

"I dunno. Ain't seen her all weekend. Was hoping she'd be here, already; I knocked on her door but her folks said she wasn't there."

"Huh. You said you haven't seen her all weekend...? Should... we be worried?"

"I..." Bradley knew he had to stop lying to himself. "No. I have a clue where she's been. She's with Areiv."

"With Areiv? This whole weekend?! But..." Malik stopped himself when he came to the realization and widened his eyes at Bradley. "Noo! No way! They're... nah! Maybe he took her to Esperia; there's no way your little conspiracy theory was right!"

"It's not a conspiracy theory!" Bradley didn't know if he wanted to laugh or glare. He had the whole weekend to allow everything Areiv told him to stick in his mind. Bradley understood why Malik found it unbelievable; it was still difficult for him to accept: Areiv and Lindsay were a couple. He didn't dare mention to Malik what else he discovered; that the manager who appeared to possess a grudge against the artillery specialist was her actual biological father. Bradley decided that Lindsay should be the one to tell the others that bit of news.

"Well, until you have solid proof, it'll be a conspi-" Malik's words left him as he looked up and saw an energetic Lindsay walk inside the bay. An instant aura of attractiveness surrounded her, which both men caught on to as they observed her walk over and speak to Keith.

"Yoo..." Steve had joined the two men, gawking at Lindsay along with them. "Is it me or does Lizzie look like-"

"... She just had the best sex in her life..." Malik finished for Steve and Bradley shot daggers at the two of them. He turned red as he set his attention back on her, recognizing they were probably right. Something pulled at Bradley to observe her as she continued speaking to Keith, not paying full attention that for the first time since the crew formed, the older man didn't scowl at Lindsay.

"I think her clothes are tighter today..."

"... Could be..."

"Fuck; those hips... Lizzie has hips!"

"... Yeah..."

"O-Okay, knock it off!" Bradley snapped out of his stupor and warned the two although he had to admit that there clearly was something very appealing about her that morning. He didn't feel comfortable with the way Steve and Malik pointed it out.

Lindsay finished talking to her father about the day's agenda and walked over towards the three men. A blush crept over her face as she noticed neither one attempted to hide that they appeared to undress her with their eyes. After she overheard Bradley's comments three days ago, she now understood his looks meant more. What shocked her was that she received the same stares from Malik and Steve! Maybe she was reading too much into it, she tried to tell herself. Despite her cheeks aching, Lindsay gave the three a grin.

"Morning!" she greeted, and the three were immediately all smiles along with herself.

"Well; good morning to you!"

"H-Hey..." Bradley stuttered and glanced away, his ears turning a distinct red. Lindsay waited for Malik to say something but he continued to stare at her. Lindsay's eyes widened, a laugh bubbling in her throat as she made a show of waving her hand in his face.