Pillow Talk Part 4- Dean x reader

"Dean!" I called out to my husband. "I'm going to be back at 3:00! All you need to do is feed her and change her. There are bottles in the fridge. She should sleep the rest of the time! Love you! Bye!"

I was finally getting my long awaited girls' day out with some of my friends from college. We were really just going to go get some drinks and then manicures. Dean had agreed to watch our daughter while I was gone and I trusted him completely, despite his lack of experience. He hadn't exactly spent any alone time with Jo, but he mostly knew what to do. When I left, she was asleep, and she would probably sleep for most of the afternoon. She was only nine weeks old.

Dean's POV

"Okay. Love you," I called back.

About two minutes after (Y/N) had left the bunker, I heard crying from the next room.

"Shit."

I rushed over to Joanne's room. I walked in to find her just sobbing and screaming. It broke my heart but also scared the shit out of me. I'd never had to calm down any kid from a tantrum, much less an baby. 

"Sweetheart, shhhhhh," I cooed, picking her up. She still wouldn't calm down. I put her over my shoulder a bit and rocked her and bounced. She still continued to scream. I walked around with her and took her to the kitchen. She calmed down a bit but was still visibly and audibly upset. I set her down in her very cushioned high chair.

"Are you hungry, baby girl?" I smiled, crouching down to her eye level. She let out another cry. I had to move quickly. I still had 3 hours until (Y/N) would be home. I opened the fridge and got out a bottle she had left for me. I walked to the sink and ran the bottle under warm water until the milk was the right temperature. 

"Alright, so mama isn't here and won't be back for a while, so this is going to have to do, Jo," I leveled with her. It took a few tries, but eventually she took to the bottle. She was very hungry. When she was finished, I put what was left of the bottle back in the fridge in case she decided she was hungry again in ten minutes. 

Now that she was fed, she was much more willing to go back to sleep. Instead of laying her in her crib in her room, I put her in her carrier so I could be in the same room with her while I searched for a case. I tried to make as little noise as possible because I wanted to be able to hang out with her without waking her up. This worked for about an hour and a half. 

Suddenly, Jo burst awake with a cry, and a foul smell filled the room. 

"Oh, baby, do you need a change?" I cooed at her. She still cried, but this time directed at me. I carried her to the changing table in her room. I unsnapped the snaps at the bottom of her onesie and pulled her diaper from her. I wiped her up and made sure she was clean before fetching a new diaper. I struggled a bit getting the new diaper on her because she kept squirming and trying to pry herself from the diaper. Eventually, Jo was clean and changed. She was still sobbing, though. 

"Shhhhh, shhhhhh," I cooed. I wrapped her up in a blanket and held her to me. I rocked her for almost an hour before she calmed down I nearly collapsed onto the couch with her still in my arms. Babies will wear you out. 

Your POV

I had had such a nice day out with my girls. My nails looked great and I had a good time catching up with them and telling them about Jo and Dean. I was on my way home.

When I opened the door to the bunker, I expected a little bit of chaos or at least a hug. Instead, I was greeted with the cutest sight I have ever seen. Dean was asleep on the couch with a sleeping Jo in his arms. I snapped a few pictures and then stowed away in my room to let the two of them sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me know what you think! Do you want more parts? Suggestions still open.