22. She belongs to herself (Part I)

Start from the beginning

River looked at Faye from the rearview mirror. Sure she was not happy, but somewhere she was trying to be, she was trying to pull up herself, she was trying to finally let him go.

And River could not ask for anything else.

A smile made its way to his lips, a smile that people die to look at, a smile that was hardly seen on him. He looked at her one last time before starting the ignition and making their way towards the fair.
************************************

"It really is beautiful, isn't it?" Faye let out a breath as she along with all of them walked out of the car.

The sight that was in front of her really was mesmerizing. There stood the fair, fairy lights all over the place, making the place sparkle in the dark night.

"Damn, this is fucking awesome." Aubree cursed under her breath, walking up to Faye along with Madeline.

"Let's go." Zach said, looking at the entrance of the fair.

"So, where do you wanna go first?" River asked as they took their passes and hand bands to enter the fair.

"I wanna go to the food fair first, oh and then the to those teacups and then to the rollercoaster and then to the water rides... I am so excited, come on guys, let's go." Madeline snatched the passes from River and gave them to the others.

"Damn, why isn't it happening?" Faye looked at her wrist as she tried to wrap the band around it, failing miserably.

"That's because it is too loose for you." River chuckled, shaking his head as he walked to her.

He took her hand in his and wrapped the band around her, properly wrapping it around her wrist, a playful smile dancing on his lips.

"Are you calling me petite and thin and weak?" Faye asked, glaring at him.

"Well, maybe I am, maybe I am not." And when he was finally done with the band, he let her hands fall by her side.

"I hate you." She said, punching him lightly on the shoulder.

"You love me." He said, his hands making its way to her cheeks. He pulled them playfully and grinned.

Faye grabbed his hands and ran away from his reach, sticking out her tongue on him.

River rolled his eyes, pulling out a face which showed that he was definitely irritated by her.

They both turned around to look at their friends who were standing there with a knowing look in their faces. They all were grinning, shaking their heads.

"What?" Faye asked, looking at them with a glare.

"Yah, what's up with all those faces?" River asked the three of them, he himself occupying a glare.

"You both stay here, we are gonna go enjoy the ferries wheel." And saying that, Madeline wrapped her arms around Zach and Aubree, practically running away from there.

"Why did they leave me here with you?" Faye protested as soon as they disappeared among the crowd.

"Traitors." River mumbled under his breath, the glare never leaving his face.
************************************

They stood there in silence for minutes, looking around.

"You know what? Let's just go to the rollercoaster." And wrapping his hands around Faye's wrist he made his way towards one of the rides, a small smile visible on his face.
************************************

Hello muffins,

I know half of you still have not got their presents. Guys, you just have to wait a little longer. I am gonna update a chapter on 28, in the occasion of completing 2 months.

Hell yeah, TGG completed two months.

Well, there will be gifts for all those whom I hadn't contacted yet.

PS: Hopefully you will love the surprise.

Until next time,

@tomboy_16