12.3: A Realization

Start from the beginning

"Do not trouble yourself over such concerns, m'lady. We have to record measurements for your gowns, now; the previous Lady of Esperia was... much taller than yourself." she decided to change the subject. Lindsay sighed but smiled as she approached the other Esperian women waiting on her, one with a measuring tape and the other with a notepad. She looked down at her own body and shrugged.

"She was probably thinner, too! Oh... what?" she noticed that the women eyed her funny.

"... M'lady must undress... to make certain the measurements are exact." Asi stated. Lindsay hesitated before removing her tank top and jeans and a navy-blue attendant folded her clothes. As she was measured every which way, Noin left the area through another door and returned as the last of her measurements were called out in Esperian. Lindsay refrained from rolling her eyes as the woman bowed.

"Your bath is ready, m'lady."

"A bath? You're... not gonna bathe me, too... are you?"

"The bathing waters do so naturally. We are simply to draw your bath and cleanse your hair if desired."

"Oh..." Lindsay gave a pleasant smirk towards Noin; it had been quite some time since she had anyone else wash her hair. She followed the woman into the next room, which contained a small pool filled with glowing pink liquid. Lindsay kneeled and placed her hand in the water, which was the perfect temperature for her. She was surprised by the tingling sensation and removed her hand. Asi joined the two and saw her abrupt hand withdrawal.

"Is the water not to your liking, m'lady? We have done considerable research on human beings." she asked but Lindsay nodded.

"Sorry. We don't have self-cleansing waters on Earth. Wasn't expecting to feel that," she laughed and drew in her surroundings. "Why is it so huge? This can't be just for the Lady of Esperia, alone!"

"It is not, m'lady. This is the common bathing area however due to its proximity to the gown area, the Lady of Esperia has used this room whenever she desired."

"No one but her personal attendants are allowed here when she bathes." Noin explained further. Lindsay nodded and saw they anticipated her next move. She looked and realized that she was still in her underwear and removed them blushing. Stepping nearer, Lindsay noted that there was a curved dip and realized that was where she would lay her head; Noin sat on the tile behind it, ready to wash her hair. Asi helped her descend into the water and she laid back, allowing the waters to engulf her. Lindsay giggled and shifted as they tingled all over her body and hair; the longer she lay, the more she sensed the waters cleansing her. Noin undid Lindsay's ponytail and gently rinsed her hair. She moaned at the sensation, surprising both Esperian women.

"Sorry! That was a good sound!"

"Ah. You are pleased, m'lady?" Noin asked and Lindsay smirked.

"Very..." she relaxed as Noin continued rinsing her hair. Lindsay reflected back to the events of the day and before her setting foot on Esperia. She couldn't believe she would become Lady of Esperia, ruling alongside Baron Areiv. Royal Magistrate Areiv, she corrected herself. Everything happened so fast; Lindsay wondered how the former Lady of Esperia accepted it, if she was also rushed into becoming royalty.

The thought lingered in her mind. Neither Emuh nor Areiv ever mentioned a single thing about the last Lady of Esperia. Lindsay assumed that she passed away, but that was all she could guess.

"Noin?"

"Yes, m'lady?"

"Were you and Asi the attendants for the former Lady of Esperia?"

"... Yes..." Asi answered.

"How was she? I mean, what happened to her?" Lindsay wanted to know. The only time Areiv mentioned anything of her was when Lindsay received the Rerecro during the past holiday. She didn't want to pry and ask him, especially when he said nothing more about her.