Chapter I

"I promise I will come back to you no matter what! And I'll promise to love you and when the time comes, when we're older, I'm going to prove that I'm worth it to be at your side forever! Pinky swear!", she said, holding out her pinky finger.

"I swear that I'll be waiting for you, Clara Maria Luna DelaCruz. And I promise to be at the side of Mia Ragazza. I also promise that I'll love this Bella. Even though that she's a cute mango-loving bastard!" I pledged and locked my pinky into hers, flashing a genuine smile on her. She turned away to leave, but suddenly my hands stopped her. I grabbed her forearm and then pulled her. Not wanting to let her hand go. But she just smile and kissed my cheeks before she boarded the plane back to her home country. I waved her goodbye, but after she left, my tears started running down my cheeks as I realized the possibility that she may not come back again. The sad but truth is that I may not see that smile, that soft warm lips, and her touch, everything about her ever again.

I guess that's goodbye?

That was the promise we made many years ago

...

Beep! Beep! Beep!

"Ugh! Dammit! I'm up! Shut up, you damn alarm clock!" I whined childishly while I sloppily got up from my bed. I stretched my arms, fixed myself, and got downstairs to be greeted by my younger sibling.

"Hey, Fratello! Good morning!" my usually cheery brother Feliciano greeted with his smiling eyes. He flashed his warm smile while drawing some pictures on his paper.

"Hey! Lovi! Good morning!" Antonio, my older cousin, said while taking a sip from his coffee.

"What's good in the morning it sucks! And why are you two damn cheerful?" I said to my seven-year-old brother and to Antonio. My brother was just too innocent to even understand what I'm saying. While Toni just laughed at us.

"Why are you so grumpy, Fratello? Is the tomato fairy didn't give you a goodnight sleep?" he said innocently while giving me a confused look with a matching pout on his lips. I just smiled at him and ruffled his hair. He smiled at me again and started clinging to me.

"Lovino! Feliciano! Hurry or else we're going to be late! C'mon now! Vamonos¡" Antonio said while packing up his things and Feli's stuff.

I groaned and got my backpack. I hopped into the car with Toni and Feli and came into my class 20 minutes later, wow what a great day. Took my seat at the desk near the window. I felt bored because of my geography teacher, so I slid on my Bluetooth earphone to listen to some music. Then suddenly, I dozed off a bit, taking a quick nap. My day was as same as always. Me, going to school. Shifting my classes. Going to my soccer practice. Goofing off after practice. Going home. Eat. Rest. Repeat. It feels kinda boring that my life was just like that. I'm not smart and I'm not that diligent in my studies. It's like my life lacks something... Someone... Tch. Who am I kidding? I don't need anybody. I'm okay.

...

4:00 pm

"Mr. Lovino Vargas! You! Meet me at the detention! Together with Alfred Jones, Natalya, and Nikolai Braginsky, Feliks Lukasiewicz," My last period teacher said after he caught me sleeping while his lecturing about economics. I just shot him a smug look and then ignored him for the rest of the day. Such a pain in the ass, if you ask me. Jokes on him, I can leave Scott free if really wanted to.

"Seriously teach?" Alfred protested. Ah yes, entertainment, go on, Alfie. Get us all into trouble by "asserting your dominance", what an attention whore.

Look, he's gonna do the "I'm the hero" thing.

"I had a baseball practice right after class! You can't do this to me. Heroes don't get to detention. I'm the hero!" he added. Yep, here it is.