Chapter 16

A sharp ring from Paige's phone made me jump with a small squeak which caused Ethan laugh at me. I scoffed and ignored him as I watched her leave the room. A few minutes later she came bounding back into the room and cleared her throat.

"I - uh -  need to go home now... Thanks for having me over Ethan!" She said smiling sweetly.

"No problem." He said to her with a wink. I felt a pang of jealousy. Don't wink at her you should only be wiking at me. Wow possesive much.

Darren stood up and put his drink down. "I'll give you a lift home. Fran would you be alright with Ethan taking you home?" He asked, never taking his eyes off of Paige. He was smirking at her and I got the feeling something was going on that they weren't telling us.

I shot a glance up to the wall opposite me and checked the time on the large clock, which was fabricated from twisted metals: 9:25. At first I was sad that I would only get a little longer alone with Ethan but then I realised that meant I had less time to say something stupid or embarrass myself.

"Sure, that's fine." I replied, shooting Paige a questioning glance, she pretended to ignore me and grabbed Darren's hand to leave. Ethan got up and showed them out before returning with a smirk on his face.

"What?" I asked curiously as he was looking at me rather intensely. He didn't respond and slowly made his way over to me before sitting down in his original spot, he then slung his arm around my shoulder and leant in close to my ear.

"So it's just us now." I felt his lips gently brush the shell of my ear and my heart rate quickened. I turned my head to face him and our faces we just centimetres apart.

"Wow you're so observant!" I replied sarcastically before chuckling nervously. He laughed at this but still held my gaze, it felt like his steel grey eyes were looking right into me. My heart was beating erratically in my chest now.

"So tell me, what's going on with you and James?" His tone was slightly demanding. Was he jealous? 

I bit my lip and just looked at him before replying. "Nothing..." I cocked my head to the side. "Why do you care anyway?"

He brought his hand up to my face and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. He glanced down at my lips before looking back up to my eyes. "Because James is only interested in one thing." His voice was barely more than a whisper.

"Funny, I've been told the same thing about you." I responded, trying to sound as confident as possible so he didn't notice my voice shaking.

"If that's true, then what are you doing here... with me... right now... alone?" He asked smugly. His eyes were so intense that they had darkened slightly.

"I..." I paused and just looked at him before sighing. "I don't know-" Before I could even finish speaking Ethan had closed the gap between us and his lips came crashing down onto mine. His lips felt smooth and soft as they moved effortlessly against my own. My eyes fluttered closed and I began to relax into the kiss more. One of his hands sat on my waist whilst the other was twirling the ends of my hair. I brought both my hands up around his neck and leaned into him more.

Butterflies exploded in my stomach - kissing Ethan felt amazing. It seemed as if our lips moulded perfectly together and I never wanted this to end. Ethan had one hand snaked around my waist and the other had moved up to cup my cheek; we were so close together that I could feel his body heat radiating off of him. Ethan deepened the kiss and his tongue gently swiped over my my bottom lip, asking me wordlessly to open my mouth. I let him in and our tongues slowly moved against each other.

I lost track of time as we continued to kiss but after a while I broke away and leant back to catch my breath. I open my eyes and looked at him through my lashes. He leant his forehead against mine with his eyes still closed. Our breathing was deep and loud. I raised my hand to his warm cheek and his eyes opened, exposing his now darkened eyes. I held his gaze and smiled at him.