Chapter 137 - A Father To Seven

Start from the beginning

"I don't want Nicks help." She turns to face me.

"He admitted to not being stable enough to take full care of Milo and Jameson but he wants to help us adopt them." I say, making her turn to face me.

We hadn't talked about me also adopting Chris and Milo and I can see by the look on her face she's suprised that I would adopt them. Hell, I would do anything for Tessa if it made her feel better and get back to being herself again.

Tessa looks away from me and clears her throat. She leans against the chair. She mumbles something in Spanish and then a few seconds later when she realises I don't know what the fuck she just said, she translates it into English. 

"I need a couple of minutes." She tells me.

"Okay." I nod.

"On my own." She adds. "Could you give me a couple of minutes on my own?" She asks. I let out a sigh and straighten up.

"Sure." I mumble and walk out of the dining room.

***

"Adoption? Again." Proof says as Nathan looks at me like i'm crazy. Proof drops down next to me and picks up his beer bottle.

"I'm going to be a father to six children now." I let out a confused and sad laugh.

"What's wrong with you?" Nathan asks.

"Nothings fucking wrong with me." I tut.

"Why are you acting like Mother Teresa and taking care of all these kids?" Nathan says, making me glare at him.

"Shouldn't you be in school?" I raise my brow. I watch him sigh and pick up his back pack before he claps hands with Proof and walks out of my studio.

"So...Mother Teresa." Proof stretches his legs on the coffee table.

"Fuck you." I mumble and listen to him laugh.

"Why are you doing this? I mean, if you adopt them then you have six kids to take care of. That's seven including Whitney." He says.

"I know." I mumble.

"You sure you can take care of 'em all?" He asks.

"I have Tessa to help me." I shrug before it goes quiet between the both of us. "You think she'll go back to normal once we adopt them kids?" I ask, making Proof glance at me sideways.

"What do you mean by normal?" He asks.

"Happy." I shrug.

"I don't know." I hear him mumble. "Is that why you're adopting the kids? To see her happy again." He says, making me nod. "Marshall, you gotta think about this man." Proof says. "I get it, you love Tessa. You would do anything for her but adopting these kids-" He starts, making me cut in.

"I already decided to adopt them doody." I say. I watch him sigh before he goes quiet for a few seconds.

"I know.....I know." He nods. "Have you thought about what's going to happen to these kids when you're forced to split?" He says, making me go quiet. "I hate this whole contract thing man but it's gonna end. I don't know why they haven't ended it already. I don't know if it's because they feel sorry for Tessa or what, but we both know it's going to end." He says. "They won't let you keep the kids." He mumbles and stands up before he walks towards the mixing boards.

***

I walk out of court with Tessa by my side and the two new members to our family. Nick follows behind us with a few of his lawyer friends as we follow the security. I pick up Milo and pull the hood to his jacket over his head and place his head on my shoulder to cover his face from the papparazi.

"Give me a second." Tessa mumbles. I watch her place the baby's car seat down and fasten his belt. She smiles at Jameson and pinches his cheek before she pulls his cap on. She pull's up the car seats hood on as she looks back at me. "Could you pass me the white blanket from his bag baby." She says.

"Where is it?" I ask and look for the bag. Nick takes the bag off his shoulder and takes the blanket out before he holds it towards Tessa who takes it from him without looking at him.

I look back at the papparazi through the glass and watch them as they press their camera's against the door and take pictures and record video's. I turn back to Tessa who smiles at Jameson before she cover the car seat with the blanket.

"Let's go." She sighs. I pull my hood over my head as she pull's on her shades. I nod towards the security and watch them open the door and push the papparazi away before we walk out into the crowd.

We ignore the papparazi as they shout our names and take our pictures. Security open the door to the SUV as we walk towards it. I take Jameson's car seat and gesture for Tessa to climb in the back before I place the seat next to her.

Nick ignores the papparazi who run up to him and throw a million questions at him as he places a couple of the kids bags in the car boot. I place Milo in his seat before I buckle him in. I close the door and walk towards Nick.

I notice him clench his jaw as he places his bags away. I can tell he's trying his best not to snap at these assholes. After helping Nick, I walk towards the door and pull it open before I slide in next to Milo.

"You okay?" I ask Tessa once I close the door behind her and look back at her.

"I'm fine." She says as she pull's on her belt.

"Why are their so many people taking pictures?" Milo asks, making me look down. Nick opens the door and sits next to Milo the same time the second security guard sits in the passenger's seat.

"Are we ready to leave for the airport, Mr Mathers?" The security turns to face me.

"Yeah." I say and lean back, making him gesture for the driver to start the engine.

"Is it because you're famous?" Milo asks.

"Yeah buddy." I nod as I place my arm around him.

"When can we go see Iris and Ryder?" He asks.

"You'll see them soon." I smile down at him.

"Will mom and dad be there?" He asks as he smiles up at me. From the corner of my eyes I see Tessa push her hair back and look at Milo.

"Hey Milo." Nick says, making Milo turn away from me. "You ever been on a plane before?" He asks.

"Yeah!" Milo nods in excitement.

"Was it a big one?" Nick asks as he looks out of the window. Tessa clears her throat and looks away from me, clearly trying her best not to tear up.

"It was huge!" Milo says. I reach my hand back towards Tessa and a few seconds later I feel Tessa place her hand in mine. I smile sadly as I look out of the window and give her hand a squeeze before I lock our hands together.