The Babysitter

Merry Christmas guys! Here is a christmas present, and even if you don't celebrate, who cares? Read it anyways! I made it a little longer than how long the chapters have been recently, I hope you enjoy, happy holidays!!!

"Hey guys!" exclaimed the cheery blonde that would be Harry's babysitter.

"Hey, Julia!" Sirius exclaimed as he gave her a kiss on the cheek causing the beautiful girl to giggle and blush. Remus came out of the dining room carrying a squirming Harry. Harry was still wearing his monkey pajamas and his hair was, as always, a mess.

"Is this my charge for tonight?" asked Julia as she eyed little Harry who squinted at her angrily. He was not enjoying the idea of a babysitter, he had been okay with it, but now the idea made him want to throw up. There were so many things that could go wrong! 

"Yep, but he's not super pleased," muttered Sirius to Julia who tucked her locks behind her ear. Remus rolled his eyes, last time he let Sirius pick the sitter. He then bent down and gave Harry a gentle push towards Julia. Harry stumbled forwards before sticking out his hand.

"Hello, I'm Harry Potter. How are you today?" Harry asked with a monotone voice. The babysitter smiled as she took Harry's hand and gave it a little shake.

"I'm doing great, how about you?" Harry stared at her. Did she really have to ask how he was doing, wasn't it clear? Julia then scooped Harry up and set him on her hip. 

"Also, I'll have you know that he's had a very hard childhood. He was abused by his realtives before we took him in. And no physical or verbal punishments. The worst punishment is to lock him in his room, but only use that if he's trying to do something really wrong," Remus whispered to Julia. Julia nodded as she looked at Harry who whimpered at the attention and turned his head around so that he didn't have to look at Julia. He really hated the attention, especially from someone like Julia. 

Pretty soon Sirius had told Julia Harry's bedtime, what he could eat, all of that good stuff. Harry just grumbled as he listened to the grown-ups drone on and on. He didn't want to see Sirius and Remus go, but he also didn't want to be bored. Whoa! Harry suddenly though. He was beginning to become a lot more like a normal child. Harry knew that because Dudley had always complained about being bored and using his parents as entertainment. 

"All right. Well, we have to get going. Are there any other questions?" Remus asked as he stood up. Julia set Harry on the floor.

"Nope, I hope you gentlemen have a lovely night!" said Julia cheerily as she watched the men leave. Harry stared at the door, hoping they would come back in, grab Harry, and exclaim how they had made a huge mistake in deciding to leave him with Julia. That's what Harry thought anyway. Julia turned to Harry.

"So, Harry. What do you want to do?" Julia asked. Harry shrugged and turned on his heel and began to walk in the direction of the living room. Julia followed him close behind. Harry grabbed onto the couch and hoisted himself up. He then sat and stared out the window. Julia followed suit. Suddenly Harry had a great idea. Since Julia was copying him, if he kept doing this boring thing maybe she would fall asleep and he could manage to catch up with Sirius and Remus!

"Okay. This is fun. Is there anything else you would want to do?" Julia asked, her smile beginning to falter, perhaps there were going to have less fun than she thought. Harry shook his head. And then he remembered what Sirius had taught him. And he kind of wanted to impress this pretty lady. Harry opened his mouth...and he belched. Julia raised her eyebrows.

"Wow, that was..."Julia said.

"Sirius told me that girls like that," Harry whispered shyly when he saw her face. Julia smiled.