Red Roses & Untamed Hair

Louis woke up to typical British weather; rain. For the past week, he'd been waking up to sunlight spilling into the room. And maybe that was an exaggeration as it was all Louis' mood. The past week had been cold and dark with little sun to warm your skin, but to Louis whenever Harry was around the day changed. He could be having the worst day and a single thought about Harry would change it.
Eleanor used to make him feel like that, butterflies in his stomach and all.
They were once madly in love, until a few weeks ago, things changed. Eleanor began to distance herself from Louis, he was completely oblivious as to why at the time. Why would she do such a thing? She's never acted this strange before. Now, Louis started to doubt their love. He didn't want to think of it, but all of the possible reasons of her actions flooded his mind against his will. He began to contemplate things, he felt sheer melancholy.
He shuck his head, he was being ridiculous. The only reason Eleanor had distanced herself was Louis. He had been neglecting her, paying too much attention to everyone but her. When was the last time they'd been on a date? It had to have been atleast a month.
Louis knew exactly what he was going to do. He was going to get out of bed and give Eleanor the attention she deserved.
He quickly got changed into black sweatpants and a plain white t-shirt. Jogging down the stairs, he unlocked his phone and rang his best friend of ten years, Zayn Malik. Zayn knew a lot about wowing girls, he "understood" them, well that's what he said. He was in the middle of an off and on relationship with some girl named Natalie.
He picked up on the fourth ring, by know Louis was lounging on the old, leather couch he'd got from his parents which Eleanor hated.
"What? I was trying to sleep through this killer hangover, so whatever you need it better be good."
Zayn wasn't a morning person. And by morning I mean any hour until 4 in the afternoon, so waking him up wasn't the best idea but Louis was desperate.

Louis sighed and ran a hand through his untamed hair "I need you to get over here and help me cook something edible for Eleanor."

T

here was a yawn on the other end of the line before Zayn replied "Ugh, fine but only because Eleanor doesn't deserve to be poisoned."
Louis smiled and was about to say something more when Zayn hung up. That was that then.
He got off of the couch and ran up to his room to have a quick shower.

🌹

Louis had finished showering and was down stairs with a disheveled looking Zayn, trying to discuss what they'd do to make it up to Eleanor.
Zayn said after a minute of thinking "Why don't you just paint her something?"

Louis sighed "Can't I've already done that and anyways it'd take days to finish. Let's keep it simple with a nice dinner."

Zayn groaned "But that means I have to get off of this couch and help."

Louis rolled his eyes, got up and held a hand out to Zayn "The sooner we get this done, the sooner you can get back on the couch."

Zayn took Louis' hand and trudged into the kitchen with Louis right behind him. Not only in the kitchen a minute and Zayn was already pulling items out of cupboards. In all honesty, Zayn knew where everything was in this kitchen better than Louis, who'd never cooked an actual meal in his life.

Louis sat on one of the counters Zayn wasn't working on and asked "So what're you making there?"

Zayn had pasta in a pot and was pouring boiling water into it. After successfully pouring that water into the pot and putting it on the stove, he replied "Spaghetti and most balls."

After and hour of Louis asking questions and Zayn working his magic, they'd- well Zayn- had finally finished. Eleanor was due home in twenty minutes, so they were running around the dining room lighting candles, placing flowers in vases and setting the table.
Louis ran upstairs and changed into his good jeans and a burgundy pool shirt. Zayn was in the dining room making sure everything was perfect and filling champagne flutes with some cheap champagne he's found in the kitchen. Louis walked down stairs and into the dimly light dining room. He shooed Zayn out of the room and up to the guest bedroom, where he could sleep off the rest of his hangover.

Louis wasn't normally home at this time on a weekday but he'd called in sick for work and his classes were tomorrow, so he knew this would surprise Eleanor.
The lock on the front door clicked and a moment later the door was swung open, Louis walked over to the door a smile on his face and a rose in his hand.
But his smile fell, as did the rose, when he saw Eleanor with smudged lipstick, messy hair and her coworker, Alex's arm around her waist.

Cliffhanger. What will Louis do? Punch Alex? Break down?
How will Eleanor react?
Will Zayn ever get over his hangover?
And more importantly, who will eat the spaghetti and meatballs? Find out in the next chapter!
Also was it obvious who Eleanor was cheating on Louis with? I just want to know for future stories.
Anyway vote and comment!
~S