I snorted, “That happened to be one of the most cliché talks I’ve ever heard.”

Walking up this familiar driveway sent butterflies in my stomach. The wind was not helping, the way it just kept pushing my hair in my face made me even more frustrated. Not that I was frustrated with doing this, but it just added to another thing that was getting to me. Why couldn’t the sun just shine, like it was doing now? Subtracting the roaring winds from the atmosphere.
Back to what was actually happening.

You could do this, you can. Just grow a pair and knock on that door.

I stood in front of his front door for what felt like a few minutes, before giving a good and loud 3 hard knocks. For a few seconds, no one had come, I thought about my options, wondering if I could just bolt since it looked like no one was home.

Just as I was about to run off, the door opened, revealing the boy I was looking for.

His hair was disheveled, whilst wearing a blue ‘Property of Hartwell High’ hoodie and a pair of black sweats.

What was it with guys wearing sweats that made them look so attractive?

His eyebrows furrowed, probably confused as to why I’m here, “Why are you here?”

Ouch, that hurt just a bit.

“Sorry,” he said, catching his harsh tone, “it’s just – I thought you had important plans to attend to tonight.”

I bit my lip, trying to stop the forming smile on my face, “Well, things change, people change, you know how it is.”

He slightly nodded, and leaned against the doorframe of the front door, still puzzled as to what was going on, “Yeah, look, was there something you needed?”

“I need to live,” I blurted out Parker’s words.

A grin broke out on his face, he tried to hold back his laugh, “What?”

I answered him with my lips, not with words. My eyes instantly close, and my shands found his neck, settling themselves on the back. At first, his lips were caught off guard, but then began to move in sync with mine. His lips were plump and soft. I felt his arms wrap around my waist, bringing me closer to him. This should’ve felt peculiar, but it was the total opposite. This was something I enjoyed, and wouldn’t mind doing again. Now, this isn’t my first kiss, I’m not that much of a loser. But this was my first kiss with Jayce, and it was better than I thought.

Although he had created lesser space between us, he was the first to pull away.

He stared at me in disbelief and looked at me with a smug smile, “You just kissed me.”

I could feel the blush starting to grow on my cheeks, “Well yeah, uh how was it?”

‘How was it?’, what kind of question is that?

Why would anyone want to ask that after kissing someone for the first time.

He chuckled a bit, rubbing his thumb across my cheek, “Better than I imagined – although it did feel a tiny bit rushed.”

“Well I’m sorry for using the element of surprise, I thought it would be spontaneous, it was in the heat of the moment,” I retorted.

He shrugged playfully, “Eh.”

I raised an eyebrow at him, crossing my arms over my chest, “Oh, and you think you could do any better?”

He nodded, “Ha, I know I can.”