Everyone exchanged presents and relaxed, chatting and enjoying themselves. As she took a seat on the floor with her brother and Malik's daughter, Kristen, Lindsay realized what the others were doing: they were trying to lift her spirits. Lindsay took Tracy's death the hardest, to where she contemplated suicide more often than she liked to think. It was because of her depression that the Earth team forfeited their inaugural season. Lindsay felt terrible about it and constantly thought they held it against her. But as she glanced around her living area, she found the thought not true.

Lindsay stared at the door as somebody knocked. The woman wondered who else would mingle with them; everyone she knew was there, already. Her mother waved her off as she stood.

"Stay put; I got it..." she made her way to the entrance. The older woman greeted the Esperians and smiled. "Ah, good timing! We're about to eat."

"Oh, is it too late to give out presents?" Areiv asked. The Baron was content that the woman shook her head and allowed them in the apartment.

"Not at all! Lizzie'll appreciate it. You know, she really needed this; it's been a while since I've seen her truly happy." Lindsay's mother peered over at Lindsay and William. Lindsay's face glowed as she got up to greet her new guests.

"You know, I'm surprised they weren't the first ones here..." Steve teased.

"Areiv, Emuh! Were you two in on this...?"

"I must acknowledge that we knew of the festivities. Your mother wished to put you in greater spirits. She described the Christmas holiday and celebration in deeper details. Most fascinating holiday! I could not wait for the day to arrive! I did not know what to gift you, however my son revealed that you revel in a particular Esperian sauce..." Emuh gave Lindsay a smile as he gave the woman a long container. Lindsay's eyes widened in delight.

"Dworl! And lots of it!" the woman scanned the container.

"I requested the royal chef to prepare a delightful portion of dworl accompanied with ortinu, a wild animal on Esperia used largely for royal feasts. I have not had the pleasure of sampling all your Earth foods, yet it may remind you of your... sheep...?" the Royal Magistrate tried. Lindsay gave him a bemused expression before breaking into laughter.

"Maybe you meant lamb! And, you didn't have to go through all that trouble..."

"It was no inconvenience at all. You have been more than cordial to my son and me. Lamb, you say? Is that not the child?" Emuh was stopped from probing more as he noticed Areiv giving him a glance. "I apologize. It appears that I have neglected that my son bears a gift for you as well. Did you mention you were about to dine...?" the Royal Magistrate's concern moved towards the kitchen area and the elder alien left. Lindsay laughed more and then grinned at Areiv.

"Thanks for trying to make me feel better."

"As I have mentioned innumerable times, we are friends. And I will ever be here for you, Lindsay. Please excuse my father; he is particularly eager for celebrations and feasts."

"I see! It's fine; I like that."

"He is moreover taken aback by my selection of a present to you." Areiv continued as Lindsay led him further into the room.

"Oh. I mean, if it's gonna cause any problems then take it back. Everyone being here and doing this has been more than enough for me!"

"I am afraid that I cannot. Well... possibly I could however, I will not," Areiv gave Lindsay a smile as he removed a long silk pouch from his back. "Father is merely... surprised by my decision. I will confess that I was rather concerned when I arrived to the conclusion however... well... I shall explain after you open it." the Baron handed Lindsay the bag. The woman threw him a baffled glance but looked inside the sack, gasping.