24. As the Friendship Goes, Resentment Grows

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Lovers quarrel?" Zayn raised a brow in amusement, his question aimed at Louis. I rolled my eyes, scoffing, and ignored the looks Perrie, Liam, and Niall gave me.

"Hardly," Louis chuckled, shaking his head at the same time. I scoffed again, purposely making it louder.

"What's this about, then?" Liam asked, curious eyes darting between Louis and I.

"Yeah Louis, what's this about?" I repeated, crossing my arms over my chest and turning to my left to look pointedly at him.

"Uh," He started, blinking slowly a few times before shooting me a quick glare. "Well, I think it's best that we wait till we're back home to talk about it..."

"Because that's gonna stoke the fire mate," Zayn muttered sarcastically.

Liam's brows furrowed, his features contorting into that of worry. "Again, what is this about?"

"If you don't tell them Lou, I will," I whispered almost harshly, though I knew they'd all hear anyways.

Louis sighed, and I thought that he was finally going to give in and tell them. I was wrong. "Later, yeah?" I also thought that Liam at the very least would try to force it out of him, as he always does, but. I was wrong. Again.

"Alright. Later, then."

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I was outraged, yes. Could you blame me? I focused my gaze on Niall, who had been silent the entire time, and saw that he was staring at Louis and I with narrowed eyes. He looked confused and slightly agitated about something. What that was, though, I had no clue. "Alright," I placed both of my hands on the table, using them to lift myself up till I was standing, jaw tight as I fumed. "We'll just talk about our little run in with Elijah and Lewis later, then." With that I headed back inside the school, ignoring all of their shocked gasps and Louis' muttered curse words, along with his shouts of my name.

~Louis' Point of View~

Earlier....

Despite what Harry might think, I needed a fucking moment too.

Actually, I needed more like a day or twenty.

But I couldn't let him see that. I needed to be strong for him, because he was still pretty new to this life, and he didn't know The Council's ways. He especially didn't know how Elijah and Lewis were. Not like I did. So I pasted on a smile that I hoped was convincing, but if anything it worried him more.

I'll admit that it was a bit peculiar for me to want to get to school so fast, but the long drive was sort of what I needed to clear my head and get it back on straight. I just needed time, which is completely reasonable right? Not to Harry, it seems, because a majority of the ride was spent avoiding ridiculous questions that were continuously spewed. Normally that would've been fine since he asks the most stupid, adorable things, but in this case it was anything but since he chose to pester me about the one subject that was touchy. So I told him to shut up as nicely as I could. And yeah, we both knew that we'd still be able to hear each other over the boisterous music, but turning the volume up seemed to get my point across since he remained silent after that. I did not want to talk about it. Not right now. And that was that.

Once we were parked I was hoping for a pleasantly silent walk over to an unpleasant place, otherwise known as school, but of course that was completely out of the question. How the thought even managed to successfully cross my mind was a wonder.