Why me? Why is it always me?

Tears start to form in my eyes. I let them fall down my cheeks as I play with my thumbs.

***

Four hours have passed.

I got the hint after three and went back into my room to change into my pajamas.

What a jerk!

He could've called me to say that he couldn't make it instead of standing me up like this. And to think, I thought he was a kind man!

"Ugh." I let out before dropping my head onto my pillow. I stare up at the ceiling thinking if I should go out and grab a bite to eat at a fast food place or just make something with the little groceries that we have here.

I need to get a job. Maybe Elijah's work is hiring. I'll ask him when he gets home. I decided to save my money and make something.

I was gonna get a free meal from a handsome man but I guess not anymore.

I get off my bed and walk to the kitchen. Suddenly, a knock is heard from and door and I go over to answer it.

If it's Scott, I'm gonna give him a piece of my mind...

I open the door and there stands Noah.

"What are you doing here?" I murmur.

"I missed you." He says and I roll my eyes.

"Bullshit. You thought you would come over to see if Scott was here with me." My voice says surprising me. I forgot for a moment that Noah knew I had a date today with Scott.

He puts his hands in his pockets and smirks at me. "Maybe..." He quickly frowns looking at me.

"Have you been crying?" He asks, reaching out to caress my cheek but I move away from him. He drops his hand and looks at me.

"No, and even if I was, it's none of your God damn business!" I yell at him and he blinks.

"What is up with you? Why are you so mad at me all of a sudden?"

Ugh.

He's my damn problem!

He always ruins things for me.

"What did you do to Scott? Huh?" I yell at him. I know he had something to do with Scott not being here. I just know it. I can feel it.

"Bunny..." He starts. Him and that nickname.

"Stop calling me that! I'm not your bunny! Do I look like damn Jessica Rabbit to you?! How about Lola bunny?! No, I don't!" I yelled, picking up a pillow from the couch.

"Ugh!" I let out as I smack him with it.

That must've made him angry because as soon as I finish smack him, he grabs onto it and throws it across the room.

His face is fuming."That's it!" He yells, instantly picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder. I gasp in surprise.

"Put me down! Put me down this instant!" I yelled at him but he ignores me, walking towards my room. When he enters, he drops me down on the bed.

He then turns around to leave.

"Where in the hell do you think you're going?! We have to talk!" I yell at him, picking myself off the bed to sit up. He stops at his tracks and turns around, combing through his brown hair with his fingers. I know that he's frustrated.

"Ava, you're so goddamn confusing! I only came here to make sure you were safe. That's it! I don't care about your stupid rich ass boyfriend! And I honestly don't have the time nor the energy to kill him!" He yells and I stare at him.

Rich?

What the hell?!

Scott isn't rich... is it?

I would've known. He would've told me. Why would a billionaire want a girl with one leg?

"Well shit! I don't know! You made it perfectly clear that you don't want me with him so I thought you did something to jeopardize the date!" I yelled, bursting into tears. Tears stream down my face like a waterfall as he stares at me, feeling sorry. I lay back on the bed.

"Ava..." he says coming closer.

"Forget it, Noah. Just get out. I don't need you looking out for me because we aren't together."

"Don't you get it? I can't Ava! Fuck, I can't! I'm in love with you. And I know I'm not good enough and that you don't deserve me but I want you. All of you. You have to give me another chance, please! I honestly don't know what to do."

I sniff and he climbs up on the bed lying down, my back to his chest.

"Please Ava, please baby." He whispers, wrapping an arm around my waist bringing me closer to him. I sniff again and he turns me around, wiping always my tears with his hand.

"Don't cry, baby. A beautiful girl like you shouldn't be crying." He whispers to me. He moves a hair strand from my face, pushing it back to my ear.

"I would do anything not to see you cry."

I look up at him. "Anything?" I ask, staring into his blue beautiful eyes.

"Anything, bunny."

"Well, I'm kind of hungry..." I say and my belly starts to grumble. He quickly gets up, looking like he's about to make a dash out of the room. I giggle and he smiles. He then frowns thinking of something.

"Get up."

"Huh?" I say, starting to get confused.

"I'm taking you out." He says and my eyes widen in surprise.

Out? He gonna take me out?

"But it's too late, Noah."

He smirks at me. "Not for me it isn't."