last day before winter break

Britt's pov

A couple months have passed and I've gotten closer than ever with Ethan. I've gone to his house so much times, I lost count. I hang out with Bella too, but not as much as Ethan. I'm used to not having a lot of friends, but I'm not complaining. All I wanted was one best friend who I could do anything with. When I first moved to New Jersey I didn't think I'd find friends this quickly.

Today was the last day of school until winter break (Thank Jesus.) I just have to get through all of my finals.

Once my alarm went off I quickly got ready for the day. I picked out a white crop top with a cute design on it. I also picked out a pair skinny jeans with holes in it. After I picked out my clothes I went to my bathroom and changed. I also put on my make up, which doesn't take long because all I put on is mascara. I'm not the kind of girl who puts on a full face of make up. Once I was finished in the bathroom I went back to my room and spent 10 minutes on my phone to see what's new.

Bella texted me so I decided to check it and reply.

Bella: Sorry I forgot to tell you I'm not going to school today, cause I got sick.

Me: I'll be sure to tell Ethan. I hope you feel better. Can I come over after school and hang out?, since you probably can't leave the house.

Bella: Yeah you can come after school, I'm not contagious, i don't think.

Me: haha, okay see you after school.

Bella: kk

After I finished texting Bella, I decided to text Ethan.

Me: Bella's not going to be at school. She sick. I'm going over to her house after school. Wanna tag along?

Ethan: Yeah sure, I'm mean it's winter break after all.

Me: true, your probably don't have anything else going on anyways lol.

Ethan: wow I'm so boring you always expect me to have no plans.

Me: haha see you in a couple minutes.

I woke up early enough to actually get something to eat instead of eating it on the bus.

"Hey mom." I say as I start walking down the stairs.

"Good morning Britt. I see you actually got up early enough to eat breakfast with me." She said.

"Yeah I know right." I laugh.

"I'm going over to Bella's house after school." I say.

"Okay, thanks for letting me know." Mom says.

"You better eat something quick before Ethan comes to pick you up." She said.

10 minutes later

doorbell rings

"Oh Ethans here bye mom." I say as I give her a hug and grab my bag and phone and walk out the front door.

"Bye honey." She replied.

"Hey Ethan." I say as I give him a hug.

"Hi Britt." Ethan said with a smirk.

We got in the car and drove to school.

After school

It's officially winter break. I put my books and notebooks into my bag and closed my locker to find Ethan leaning against the locker right next to mine. I jumped.

"What the fuck E you scared me." I say still catching my breath.

"Sorry I wasn't intending on doing that." He said.

"You ready?" He asked

"Yeah." I replied

We walked over to Ethans car to find a guy that looked exactly like Ethan making out with some girl.

"Gray what the fuck are you doing?" Ethan asked almost as confused as me except he knew who the guy was.

The guy stopped kissing the girl and looked up "I don't have my car. Mom dropped me off this morning."

"Mom, gray?... what's going on here?" I asked.

"Grayson just take the bus and please take your girlfriend with you." Ethan said.

"Fine." He said.

Ethan acted as if everything was normal and opened the passenger seat door. He just stood there staring at me a little annoyed.

"Well are you coming?" Ethan asks

"Yeah right after you tell me who that was." I demanded.

"Okay get in and we'll talk." He replied.

I took a seat in the passenger seat and leaned towards Ethan waiting for an explanation.

"So? Who was that?" I ask.

"That's my twin brother Grayson." He says.

"And I'm just hearing about this why? You kept this from me this whole time?" I ask frustrated.

"Look I'm sorry. I didn't tell you about him because he's a trouble maker and I don't want to be known as his brother so I don't tell people about him." Ethan replied.

"What did he do that was so bad?" I ask.

"Grayson was and still is a bully and once he beat up this girl. He kept swinging punches at her and wouldn't stop. It was on school property so he got in real trouble with the school and the law. Grayson went to juvey for 2 years. And that's why I don't tell people about him, cause I hate telling them about it. I'm ashamed to be his brother." Ethan said.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry" I say as I put my hand up to my mouth in shock.

"I'm not goin to think about you differently for what your brother did. I would never put that on you. Is this why you don't tell me about yourself and your family?" I ask.

"Yeah, I hate telling people about it. Look what he made me." Ethan says with tears in his eyes staring out the window trying to hide it.

"Look at me Ethan." I say.

He moves his head towards me and tears start to pour down his cheeks. I cup his face with my hands and wipe away his tears with my thumbs.

"I'm really sorry Ethan." I say as I lean in closer to hug him and hold him tight.

"I'm here for you Ethan you know that right?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm just not used to being I this kind of situation. Usually I'm the one comforting people not telling them my problems."

"Well your my best friend and I can tell you anything and you should be able to tell me anything too.

Ethan just gives me a little smirk before starting the car getting ready to drive off to Bella's house.