XVII

Song: Light by Love, Robot

And I thought I might not make it out alive
Although it's time
This was for the better
And as the leaves start to change color
A piece of me is buried under

********************************

Alexa, Brian, Alex and Justin are tied up and laying on the floor. A few tough looking men are standing around them. Lyndsey is tied up separately. Someone is standing in front of her and someone is holding a knife against her throat.

"You shouldn't have ignored my calls Lyndsey. You knew we would find you. We were the ones who got Alexa out of prison. We followed her back here. We have been trying to find you for a couple of weeks. When you got out of priso it was so stupid to tell me Alexa was in prison. You should have been smarter Lyndsey. You were always the intelligent one. Not anymore I guess." he said, smirking.

"Lets go guys." he said, grabbing Lynn by her neck and pulling her up. She groans. I step forward and accidentally make a noise. All the men turn towards me and the guy that was talking to Lynn walks to me, not seeing the baseball bat in my hands. He comes closer and I hit him as hard as I can. He stumbles back and grabs his head. Three of the other guys run towards me and grab my arms, tying me up too. The guy I hit stomps closer again and grabs my throat, trying to choke me. I try to get out of his grip but nothing is working. Lynn yells at him and runs to him, kicking him in the stomach with her shoulder. The other guys force her down so she's laying on the ground. The guy stands up and goes to Lyndsey this time, kicking her in the stomach. She coughs up blood and spits it out. She lookes at me with tears in her eyes.

"It'll be okay Lara. I promise." she says, her voice shaking. Tears start to run down my cheeks. I try to run to her but one of the guys is holding me back.

The guy that kicked Lyndsey comes back to me and smirks a disgusting smirk. Lynn sees it. "John, please don't. I'll do whatever you want but please just leave her alone." she says. So this is John. The 'leader' of the group.

"I don't think you're in a good position to plead for things. Are you?" John says, turning back to Lyndsey. "There nothing you can do. We're gonna take you and torture you 'till you die. How does that sound?" he says.

"That sounds amazing." Lynn says sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

"Hey! Don't roll your eyes at me!" John snaps. "Lets go boys." he says. A few guys pick up Alexa, Alex, Brian and Justin. John pulles Lynn up and grabs me by my hair and pushes us both out the door, shoving us in a black van. The other guys put Alexa and the boys in another van. John drives the van we're in. We can't see through the windows and we also can't see John.

"It'll be okay babe." Lynn says, kissing my temple. Tears start to fill up my eyes again. "I learned some things when we were criminals so I can try to get these handcuffs off." she says, tugging at the handcuffs. I look down at my boots, wondering why this happened to me. When I look back up Lynn is smiling with the cuffs in her hand. I smile back happily and turn my back to her. She grabs the cuffs and a few minutes later she throws them on the ground. I rub my wrists.

"What are we gonna do now?" I ask.

"I'm sure Alexa and the boys got their handcuffs of already too. We'll just have to pretend we have them still on and wait until we have the chance to escape." Lynn whispers. We stay still for the rest of the ride. When we feel the van slowing down, we put the cuffs back on so we can take them of easily. The van completely stops and we are pulled out and pushed back inside an abandoned house. They put us on our knees and bring Alexa and the boys in too. We are lined up, Justin first, then Brian, Alex, Alexa, Lynn and me.

Seven guys come in and stand around us. John stands in front of us.

"What are you gonna do to us?" Alexa screams.

"I already told you. Torture you until you die. This is gonna be fun." John says.

Lyndsey looks at us all and nods. We all throw the handcuffs on the ground and storm to a guy. I kick one in his jaw, he stumbles back and slides down the wall, unconscious.

Bullets are flying around us. In some way I seem to dodge all of them. I take another guy down and run to Lyndsey.

"We have to get out of here. I'm sure John already called backup." Lynn said. I started to run to the door with Lynn right behind me. Suddenly I heard her scream and she stopped running. I turned around and saw John standing over Lyndsey with a gun. She was shot in her chest close to her heart. She was losing a lot of blood. He pointed the gun at me and wanted to shoot but Justin came out of nowhere and jumped in front of me. The bullet flew right in his stomach. He groaned when he fell on the ground.

"Justin!" Brian and Alex came running to us too and helped Justin up. They ran away as quick as they could before John could react and shoot them. He stood straight up and walked closer to me, I backed up into the wall. He still came closer until he was a few inches away from my face.

"I'm gonna enjoy killing you." he whispered. Lynn shot up behind him and pushed him away from me. She jumped in his neck and tried to choke him. He pulled her off him and threw her over his shoulder onto the ground. She landed on her stomach and screamed. I ran to her and held her cheeks.

"She couched up blood and tried to speak. "I think I'm dying." she said, shaking. "No, you're not. I won't let you." I yelled at her, tears running down my cheeks.

John came back to us and pointed the gun at Lynn. "Have any last words?" he asked Lynn, smirking.

"Eat...Shit...And.....Die...." she smiled weakly.

John scoffed and held his gun closer to Lynn's head. "You know what? I want to let some of you suffer even more. Choose two people who you want to save. I will let them go. They can't tell the police or we will find them and kill them and you too. They will wonder if you are a live everyday until they die. I think that's enough suffering." John said, letting out a sickening laugh. More tears ran down my face and I looked at Lynn. She was crying too.

Suddenly the other guys came back with Alexa, Brian, Alex and Justin tied up again. Justin was patched up. Alexa had a bloody nose and Brian and Alex didn't look so good either.

"Who do you choose Lyndsey?" Johb asked.

"Lara and.....Alexa." Lynn started crying again after she said that. I hugged her tightly and kissed her. John took a bandages out of a case that was laying around and wraped it around Lynn's stomach.

"Alexa and Lara you are free to go. Don't say anything about this to anyone or we will kill you. Some of my men will be watching you from a distance. Say your goodbyes and go. My men will bring you home." John said, putting his gun away.

I didn't want to leave. I wanted to stay with Lyndsey even if I would be tortured. They freed Alexa and she ran to Lynn and I. I held Lynn and didn't let go. I never wanted to let go.

"Lara, you have to go." Lynn said, frowning.

I shook my head. "No, Lynn. I'm not leaving you." I yelled. Lynn turned to Alexa. "Alexa, get her out of here. Take care of her." She turned back to me and kissed me. "I will always love you Lara. Just remember that." she said. I kissed her one last time before Alexa grabbed my arm and pulled me away from Lynn. I screamed as hard as I could but I knew that wouldn't do anything about the situation.

We had to leave them. We couldn't do anything for them. I cried as Alexa pulled me to the door. I saw she was crying too but not as much as me. I tried to get out of her grip but she held on to me. The last thing I saw before the door closed and John his men were driving us home was Lynn getting punched in her face. Her beautiful face. That I will probably never see again.

Hey guys! I'm so mad at myself for writing this. You can let your anger out in the comments. This book is almost done. It's just one or two chapters anymore. There will be a sequel though. Thanks for reading this chapter.

~Kvrstvn