XIII

Song: Throne by Bring Me The Horizon.

So you can throw me to the wolves. Tomorrow I will come back. Leader of the whole pack. Beat me black and blue.
Every wound will shape me. Every scar will build my throne.

********************************

After our little 'tickle party' we all decide to just watch netflix and order some pizza. After the movie the boys say goodnight and go to their rooms, leaving me and Lynn alone on the couch.

"Lynn, I have to tell you something." I say looking at her seriously. She nods for me to go on.

"I thought about the whole joining you guys thing and I think I finally made a decision. I wanna join. But only as a getaway driver or something."

"Babe, are you sure?" Lynn scoots closer to me and wraps her arms around me. "You really don't have to if you don't want to do it. I was actually thinking about letting you go back home. I feel like I can trust you with everything now. I have to tell you some things about why we are doing this too." she says.

"I am definitely sure. I wanna go home some time too. I wanna see my parents again. And my friends. Maybe go to Taylor's funeral." I say, looking down at my hands in my lap.

"Uhmm. I gotta tell you something about her too. I did some research and it turns out that she's not dead. She is in the hospital in a coma. I wanted to tell you earlier but I just found out today and was waiting for the right moment." she explained. I could not believe my ears. I just sat there, my eyes wide, my mouth a little open. I had no words for what she  just said.

"A-Are you for real?" I asked with a shaky voice.

She frowned and nodded. I smiled so hard I thought my cheeks were gonna explode. Her face lit up too. I pulled her closer and hugged her.

"Thank you Lynn."

"For what? I shot your best friend."

"Yes, but she's still alive and you're not a bad person like I thought. You're amazing and beautiful. You mean the world to me even tho we only met a couple days ago. I love you Lyndsey Gunnulfsen."

"I love you too Lara." she replied, kissing me softly.

"So about the things I had to tell you. I have alot of secrets Lara. You don't know me as well as you think. Me and the boys have been in prison for a year."

My eyes widened again. Not in happiness this time but in fear.

"We didn't do anything wrong. I promise. When my brother died they never found the person who was driving the other car. The person was just gone. It was like they just disappeared in thin air. A few years later I came out to my mom. I already told you the story about that. She didn't like my friends at the time who were Brian, Alex, Justin and there was also Alexa but you don't know her. So she made something up to get rid of us. She told the police after al these years that she found out who drove into Nathaniel. She told them it was us but it wasn't. She told them Alexa was driving and Alex, Brian and me were in the car with her. They believed her. She even got evidence somehow. I don't know how she did it but she did. She ruined my life. I hate her so much but she acts like nothing happened. So we got send to prison. For one year. Alexa got five years. She's still in there. When we got out we had gone to visit her sometimes but it's always hard. Now we don't go there a lot anymore. It's to painful. We got each other but she's all alone in there. When we got out we were homeless. Our parents kicked us out and we didn't know what to do or where to go. We slept on the streets for a couple of days before a guy called John told us we could join his group. They robbed people just like we do now. We were so stupid to say yes and go along with it. We killed so many people. I feel guilty everyday. For Alexa, for those people, for their families. For everything I've done in my life. We are still doing it because we can't stop. We signed a contract with that dude and got ourselves into a whole lot of trouble. When I was a kid I dreamt of having a band and being a rockstar. Look where I am now. I relaly don't wan tyou to join anymore. I don't want you to go through what we went through." tears rolled down her face. I just sat there looking shocked.

"Lyndsey.... I-i don't know what to say. I-i'm sorry for everything you've been though." I stuttered. Lynn just shook her head and buried her face in my chest. I hugged her tightly, letting her until she stopped crying.

"It's gonna be okay Lynn. I promise. I don't need to join. You guys just need to stop this guy so you can life a normal life and get a real job. Become a band and stuff."

"It's not that easy. The guy is so powerful. You will never get him down."

"We will! We can just explain everything to the police. They will understand."

"I don't trust them anymore. Not after what happened with my mom." she said, looking down at the floor. I lifted her chin up and looked into her eyes.

"Everything is going to be fine Lynn. Believe me." I said. She just nodded and kissed me. I instantly felt butterflies in my stomach again. "We don't have to go to the police if you don't want to but we gotta do something. Just try ignoring the guy that you're talking about. I know he's dangerous and all but please just try. I won't have to join and we can live a normal life. You can start a band if you want." I exclaimed. She nodded again and hugged me, burying her head in the crook of my neck.

"It's gonna be okay Lynn. Trust me."

Nothing bad can happen, right?

Hey peeps! You can probably tell by that last sentence that something is gonna happen. 😂 Thanks for reading. See you in the next chapter!

~K