IX

Song: Holding On To You by twenty øne piløts

I fought it a lot and it seems a lot like flesh is all I got. Not anymore. Flesh out the door.

********************************

Lara's POV

"Why are you a criminal?" I said, immediately regretting it. I wanted to say that I was sorry but got cut of by Lynn.

"It's difficult to explain...uhmm....Is it okay if I tell you later? I'm not ready for you to know yet." She said.

"It'a okay Lynn. Can you just tell me if your parents know?"

"No, they don't. Please don't tell them." she said, looking like she was panicking.

"It's okay, I won't. I just needed to know to be sure that I don't accidentally tell them something about it." I answered.

"I don't think you're gonna want to talk to them after all off this." she said, chuckling.

"Speak of the devil." I quickly mumbled when I saw Lynn's parents come down the stairs with Brian and Alex behind them.

"I'm sorry Lynn, I really wanted to warn you but they wanted to talk to you." Brian apologized.

"It's not your fault Bootyman." Lynn said, smiling lightly.

I chuckled at the nickname. I wonder if they have nicknames for everyone?

"Lyndsey, your father and I want to talk to you." Her mom said. I looked up to meet her gaze. She glanced angrily at me and then looked back at Lynn. Lyndsey rolled her eyes in response.

"What do you want?"

"We don't want you to talk to us like that. You have to say sorry for punching me. We know you didn't mean to but this is unacceptable!" her mom yelled at her.

"Oh, you think I didn't mean to hit you? Well, guess what? I did mean to hit you. It felt so fucking good to hit the woman who I've hated for the past 5 years. You made my life a living hell. You are so selfish." Lynn yelled back. She stepped forward. She was gonna punch her mom again. I quickly grabbed her arm and rubbed up and down. She looked at me and her expression softened.

"Lyndsey Gunnulfsen! Don't talk to me like that! You know that being gay, or whatever you call it, is wrong." her mom said, gesturing between me and Lynn. "We just want you to go to a doctor and get yourself fixed. We only want the best for you but if you don't get serious help we won't be able to help you anymore." her mother said.

"Can everyone just calm down for a second!" her father yelled. Everyone went silent.

"Lyndsey, can I talk to you? Alone." her father asked, stepping closer to Lynn and glancing at her mom. Lynn nodded and they walked to a different room. We just stood there waiting for them to come back. I didn't dare to look up at her mother. She actually really scared me. How could she say all those things to Lyndsey? She's such a bitch.

Lynn's POV

"What do you want dad? Are you gonna yell at me like mom did? 'Cause I'm really not in the mood for that right now.

"No honey, not at all. I fully accept you being gay. It's just your mom that's against it. She's just awful. I love you just the way you are and nothing will ever change that. I just have to pretend I'm on your mom's side otherwise I'm sure she will hurt you. She's capable of anything to get what she wants. I just want you to pretend that you are getting 'cured' and avoid your mom at all costs. You can be with the girl you want to be with. Just please, don't tell your mom. She will go much more insane than she already is. Just play along with her little game." dad said. I just stood there for what felt like an hour but was only a few minutes, my mouth a little open. I wanted to say something but I just couldn't. I felt tears welling up in my eyes.

"Thank you dad." That's all I said before I hugged him.

"It's gonna be okay Lyndsey." He rubbed my back and pulled away from the hug.

I smiled at him and we went back to the living room. Let's get this over with.

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed!! If you did make sure to vote and comment! THE BOOK REACHED OVER 100 READS! Thank you so much! I'll see you in the next chapter! Bye!

~K