22

Kit's POV

Ming then got my things on the table and dragged me away.

He led me to the restroom and turned the faucet on. He took his handkerchief out and watered it.

Then wiped my hands. He wiped out the number Gan had written earlier.

I wonder how long had he been listening to us.

I tried to resist but he was stronger.

His jaw flexed,  a sign that he was holding back his anger but he held and cleaned my hand gently.

He appeared to be totally pissed off. I didn't dare to talk.

I didn't care about Gan's number anyway.

After he was satisfied, making sure there were no trace of Gan's number. He dragged me to the parking lot. He threw my bag in the backseat and opened the passenger seat.

"Get in, " with authoritative tone.

So am I, "Wha-"

"Don't,  just get in. I don't wanna say something I'll regret" he interrupted me.

I got in. I don't want to attract any more attention  here.

He drove me to a restaurant nearby.

"You order what you want, " he commanded.

I was really hungry so I did. Moreover,  I needed the energy to argue with him later.

"Next time  if you don't have anybody to eat with, call me. " he demanded.

"Why would I? "

"So you'd rather eat with anybody but me? " he retorted.

"I didn't say that, "

My order came, I kept mum.

I noticed the woman serving our food was eyeing him but he was too focus on me to care.

"You ordered for me? " he asked.

I forgot to tell him I did because I didn't know if he had his meal already. I was as furious as he was to ask.

"I just don't want to eat alone, " I answered.

His lips twitched. He seemed pleased. It put me at ease.

He handed me my utensils and the condiments. He was very attentive to my needs.

I ate and ignored him.

"Kit, " I heard him say.

I kept munching my food.

"Don't make me jealous, " I looked at him. He was looking at his food while playing with it. "It's killing me. " tormented he added.

It was hurting me to see him like that.

What can I do to make him feel okay?

"Aren't you going to eat that? " I asked.

He shook his head as an answer.

"I ordered it for you, " I told him.

He picked up his spoon and fork to eat. I stopped him. "You don't have to force youself. "

I sighed deeply. "Ming,"  he was still looking down. "I won't text nor call him and besides we're just friends. "

"Kit,  everything starts with just friends, " he insisted.

I agree.

"I don't even know if you consider me as one, " he added. "But it's okay I don't intend to be just friends anyway. " he said sadly.

"I am not interested in him, okay? " I told him.

He looked up to me and his face lit up.

"Really? " he frowned afterwards. "But you never text nor call me,  does that mean you're not interested in me too? "

I rolled my eyes. I feel like I was talking to a child that I needed to pacify.

I took my phone  out.

His phone vibrated and took it out.

Are you happy now?  - Kit

Like a child who got what he wished.

"Yes! Yes! Yes! " he cheerfully said. It was a little too loud so it got the attention of others in the restaurant.

They were ogling at us.

"You shut up, " I warned him.

But he was unstoppable so I just looked down and let him be.

I was glad to see him like that.

"Is this your confession? " he asked. "Is this you telling me you like me? " he inquired. His voice was very loud the group of girls in the next table can hear him.

They were now eyeing me. "You're too loud."

"Na? You're confessing now? "

I rolled my eyes. "Let's go now,  you're embarassing me. "

I stood up. I went ahead of him because this was too much for me to handle.

My heart felt like it was going to explode.

"Na,  Kit was that you finally admitting you like me? " he persistently asked.

"It was me telling you to shut up, " I said. We were still in the restaurant and some girls were still checking him out.

I looked around and frowned.

These women were shameless for blatantly showing their admiration to Ming.

I was displeased by it. 

Ming seemed to notice my annoyance.

I was surprised when he laced his fingers on mine, careless of the eyes of the people around.

"Wait for me, My Kitty. " he said sweetly.

I heard some women gasped.

I looked at him. He held me proudly and led me out. "Let's go, "

I went with the flow. I let myself be dragged by him out.

How can I not be swayed by you?

How did I manage to not tell you my feelings until now?

You made it hard for me to resist you.

How can I not fall in love with you, Ming? I thought.

I looked at our hands clasped together. I felt so elated inside but at the same time I was scared.

I have my fears. Loving someone means giving him the power to destroy you.

To love someone means trusting that someone.

To depend on someone.

Can I do it?

What if  it doesn't work out?

I am not strong enough to recover from any heartache.

I have a lot of fears it was holding me back from totally giving in.

For now,  I was setting my fears aside.

I wanted to enjoy this feeling, the feeling of having someone to take care of you.

To protect you.

To love you.

I looked at our hands. I held him tighter.

He was surprised to feel me grasped him tightly.

He turned to look at me.

He did not say anything but he responded by holding me even tighter. Then continued to drag me along with him.

I feel like falling in love in this chapter.