14

Kit's POV

I couldn't helped it anymore so I looked away to let go of what I was suppressing.

This guy never really ran out of lines to playfully flatter people.

Don't be swayed, Kit.

I kept on chanting in my mind.

I was surprised when he suddenly leaned my back on the backrest of my chair.

"What the --, " I tried to break free but he was stronger and I don't want to make a fuss -- it might get the others' attention.

He crouched so his head was close to my chest. I did try to push him away but to no avail.

He stayed still for quite a while.

Him being this close gave me butterflies in my stomach.

When he was satisfied, he pulled his head up. "I can hear your heart beating for me. " he grinned.

"It is beating because I am alive, " I retorted.

He shrugged. "You like me. "

"Yeah,  right. " I said sarcastically.

He smirked and stared at me intently.

I was planning to ignore him but I felt really uncomfortable with it.

"What? "

"You look sick,  I think you need a vitamin Ming, " he showed his winning smile.

"Argh, " I snapped. These 'chessy-ness' was driving me insane. "Can you please stop?" I said it a little louder. The people in the room looked at us with a questioning look.

"I'm sorry,  my Kitty is PMS-ing." said Ming then chuckled.

The others gave us a knowing smile. Gan looked at us with a blank expression.

I bowed my head slightly to apologize.

I elbowed Ming and walked away. "I'll be back, " referring to Ping. The latter just went on with his briefing.

I walked out of the room.

"Have a date with me, " I heard someone said.

I found Ming walking with me, two hands are in his pocket. He caught up with me quickly.

"Until when do you plan to pester me?" his antics was slowly getting into me.

"That's not my intention but until you say yes, " he said.

"If I say yes now,  are you going to stop all your nonsense? " I challenged.

"No,  it's only the beginning. "

I rolled my eyes and attempted to walk faster but he pulled me and leaned me to the wall.

"Kit, I will start courting you now." he  said in a serious tone.

Court? So he's not done playing games with me yet.

Game on.

"If I say no?" I halted and faced him.

"Does it sound like I am asking for your permission? " he smiled.

"I don't like you, " I said in a low voice.

He came closer and whispered in my ears "Trust me,  I can change that, " he said confidently. "Anyway,  my like for you is enough for the both of us. " he teased.