Pt. 1

Background info

Ella is a 18 year old girl with a sister, Jessica (16 years old) they tell eachother EVERYTHING. Ella lives with Jessica and her mom though she is extremely distant with her mom ever since her dad left them when she was 7 (on Ella's birthday.)Also, Ella gets bullied on a daily basis by Olive, Kristy and Brittney. Ella used to be friends with Daniel Seavey before he went on American Idol and before he started dating Olive.(they broke up but Olive still has feelings for Daniel.)

Ellas pov

Its about noon and Jessica and I are going dress shopping at the mall to find a dress for the masquerade party that my school is planning next Saturday.

Jessica-"how about this one?"

Me-"too sparkly"

Jessica-"this one?"

Me-"too fancy"

Jessica-"how about this one"

Me-"that one is soooo pretty how much is it?"

Jessica-"$149.99"

Me-"too expensive"

jessica-"how are we going to find one?"

Me-"I don't know but lets keep looking"

After about another hour or so we finally found the perfect black dress and a mask.

Note- I know that you can really see her face and it would be obvious to anyone who they are talking to but just imagine that you can't

We left the store and went back home. I dropped Jessica off, and went to my job. I worked at a small cafe in L.A because I needed to pay for my own things since my mom was always busy and bought only the bare necessities for the family. Right now I am saving up to go to college because I am senior. I only need about $1,000 because I have been saving fo a long time. Unless of course I get a scholarship (which will probably never happen.)

I get there and everything is going perfectly until Daniel Seavey (my ex best friend) and his band mates walked in. Daniel and I used to be really close until he went on American Idol and then we became distant. I don't think that anyone (even Jess) knows more about me then daniel did (I bet he forgot everything.)

Me-"can I help you?" I say dryly even though I have never met his band mates and they probably don't know who I am

Daniel looks up and recognizes me. He looks back down at his menu.

All of the boys ordered and I was about to leave until one of his band mates with blonde hair says,

Blonde band mate-"are you from Tennessee?"

Me-"No, i live here in L.A"

Him-"oh, because you are the only ten I see"

I can't help but blush because that was really cheesy and he was pretty cute. Daniel looked uncomfortable.

Him-"I'm Corbyn and I pretty bad at pick-up lines as you can probably tell, but I get nervous around cute girls like yourself."

Me-"well, I'm Ella and I'm pretty sure you need to get your eyes checked because no one has liked me since..." I trail off because the last time someone showed an interest in me was Daniel when he told me his feelings fo me before leaving for American Idol.

Corbyn-"until when? Oh shoot you must have a boyfriend. Wow, I feel stupid."

Me-"no i don't. It just has been awhile, I'm not that used to talking to boys, i'm so sorry."

Corbyn -"It's fine but you know what will be better?"

Me-"What?"

corbyn-"if i can get your number"

All fo the guys laugh except for Daniel.

I get them their food and hand Corbyn a slip of paper with my number on it. Then they left.