"I think maybe you should use your extension on your shop as a crèche with a play area. You would get more babies and mothers coming to visit," he said and my jaw dropped. "It's only an idea," he said as he took in my expression.

"Why hadn't I thought of that?" I said astonished and in awe of his genius. "Where is my phone?" I said scrambling about in my bag. I rang the shop waiting for the foreman to pick up the phone.

"Hello," a voice answered.

"Vince? It's Victoria," I said excited. "You know I said the shop plan was missing something and I couldn't put my finger on it well Edward just cracked it!" I rambled excited. "A crèche so I can cater for families. Isn't he a genius? I love him," I said leaning over to peck his cheek in excitement. "Whereabouts should the play area be? Erm..." I looked at Edward for help.

"You can ring him back with the plans," Edward whispered.

"We will ring you back with the plans," I repeated and ended the call.

Rummaging in my bag for the A4 copy of the floor plans I had kept from a meeting.

"You want to do it now?" Edward asked surprised.

"Yes of course," I replied searching for a pen.

"I thought you were having a break," he added.

"I need to do the plans and then I will have a break," I said flicking through the pages to find the section I needed and started scribbling ideas on the back of the page.

"We were supposed to be going shopping," he said an hour later as I still sat scribbling down ideas and trying to make my sketch fit.

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't realise the time," I said with an apologetic look.

He didn't look in a very good mood at all. I had spoilt our day out with my ability to ignore everyone and fixate on one thing.

"I'm really sorry," I said reaching out to place my hand on top of his. He pulled his away and hid it under the table. "It's a trait I've inherited from my father, the ability to fixate on something and my mothers over enthusiasm and impatience," I explained.

"Come on lets take you home," he said getting up to leave before he stood waiting to move my chair out for me.

"Edward," I said disappointed in him. "You are taking me home for drawing on some paper after you gave me the idea. I don't think that is very nice," I said and got teary. "I can easily take a picture of my plan and send it by my phone to Vince. I don't have to go home."

"I meant back to the boat not your shop," he said crouching down in front of me and wiping away a tear with his thumb.

"Oh," I said feeling like an idiot.

"Come on we will be late and it's your turn to steer," he said pulling me up to my feet.

"I need to buy the others some cake," I said thinking about Piers and Gerard would surely be feeling better today.

"I've already done it whilst you were working," he said nodding at a bag full of food.

"Sorry," I said realising that I had been totally engrossed.

We walked outside to find our shoes gone. I looked at him in shock. He nodded to the carrier bag beside two pairs of wellington boots.

"Whilst I was working?" I asked him with an apologetic look.

He nodded.

"I assume the cute floral ones are mine," I teased.

"They didn't have them in my size," he joked and slipped his blue navy ones on.