"No bull just cows so watch where you are walking," he said nodding towards a few huge cow pats and laughed as I grimaced.

"I didn't bring the right footwear for this," I said and as we progressed across the field I was proven right as my slip on pump got stuck in some mud.

"Get on my back and I'll carry you," he said as he helped pull my foot out of the mud and my pump.

"I'm too heavy," I replied as I hadn't had a backy since I was a child and my father carried me around.

"Are you calling me a weakling?" he asked taking it as a challenge.

"Fine but if you end up face down you better hope it is in mud and not in those," I said pointing at the cow pats.

"I am sure we will be fine," he said and pretended to stumble under my weight as he helped me up onto his back.

I was laughing like a little girl as he carried me towards the next fence. I attempted to tickle him as we came very close to cow poo.

"You will go in first," he warned.

I was still laughing as we got to the fence and I climbed off on to it. One mud covered pump, which had been scraped off with a stick was placed back on my foot by Edward.

"I feel like Cinderella," I teased.

He laughed. "That is a far cry from a glass slipper," he replied.

"I've never suited glass," I replied making him laugh again. I liked that we amused each other. New friendship is hard to find these days especially living in a village.

We made our way to the farm shop. I nearly ran on ahead as I saw it and spotted babies in prams outside. I was excited to see what they served and to taste it and see what I could buy or even get new ideas for my own shop. Above all excited to see how cute the babies were.

"Hurry," I said deciding to run as he stopped to watch me and laughed at my enthusiasm. I ran back to him pulling his hand forward. "Quick, they have babies!" I squealed and tugged on his hand.

"You can't buy the babies," he teased.

"I just want to look at them," I said as we moved forward. I could see hear the babies making noises. My heart swelled.

Edward showed me where to leave our muddy shoes as we walked into the cafe past the babies. I stopped to coochie coo a few whilst the mothers gave Edward the once over. Obviously he was very handsome but I was far more interested in the babies. Finally he dragged me away and brought us a cream tea. The scones were huge and the clotted cream was fresh from the farm as was the strawberry jam. Heaven!

"You are very fond of babies," he said as we ate our food.

"Obsessed," I replied.

"I was being polite," he said with a grin.

"They are little miracles and I don't see the point in hiding my love for new humans," I said making him chuckle.

"New humans," he said bemused. "I've never heard that before," he said turning to look at them through my eyes.

"They are each a result of love or a lustful one night stand but mainly babies are made from love. Even if it is fleeting or ends in divorce. Babies are still the cement of relationships and the human race as a whole. We were all babies once, each one of us a miracle, born into this world to live a life as best we can. We were loved by strangers for just being that cute bundle of joy. Full of innocence, not a threat and when a baby is in the room all eyes turn to them in adulation. We are inheritably born to protect our young even if they are not our own child," I gasped as another new baby arrived. A newborn!